Do You Clearly Understand That "The Truth" Is Nothing But Bullcrap?

by minimus 128 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, I've read before your comments that you think JWs are a cult. I was trying to figure it out, give you the benefit of the doubt, that you might be simply confused.

Please answer this: why do you help promote the cult by building KHs? It appears that it being a cult is not so bad, in reality to you-----otherwise you certainly wouldn't build KHs.

• sacolton
    sacolton

stilla, are you having trouble letting go of the 1914 doctrine?

• dawg
    dawg

A poster said this..."I always considered other people's view with tolerance and respect".

Well I don't... I don't tolerate all kinds of human behaviors, views and actions each and everyday. Once they step on my toes, then they can kiss my backside. Honestly, I'm intolerant of your tolerance; I think tolerance is a cop out, a way to run to the hills and hide.

When a group of people say that you're evil, from Satan, won't talk to you because you don't agree with their god darned stupid views about God, then they'll get the wrath of Huff (my last name).

I also don't find the Hindu actions towards untouchables tolerable, nor do I find crashing planes into buildings tolerable... and I could make the list even bigger.

Listen folks, the JWs are enemies, they've made themselves that way, we didn't ask for it. Why do some of you have a problem understanding that these people are your enemies? The mental anguish that many of us go through is often times unbearable. And you want to tolerate that? Horse manure!

The Jws are right, this is "spiritual warfare" and they've aligned themselves with evil, not us. I will never tolerate such bullcrap. not ever! And it makes me sick that many of you cop out under the guise of tolerance.

Mini is right, this religion is utter crap, and to call a spade a spade isn't wrong...at least he has the guts to do so.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that the WTS meets the criteria to be considered a cult.

Lori brought home the April 28 People magazine for me last week. It has a cover article on the Fundamentalist LDS polygamy group in Texas. There is a sidebar on page 66 titled "Is the FLDS Really a Cult?" In that, an expert goes over the earmarks of a cult. Very interesting. I'll quote the article followed by my comments:

"It has a charismatic leader in Warren Jeffs." Well, the WTS was started and overseen by charismatic leaders - Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and Fred Franz in particular. Now a JW today would say it can't be cult because there is no 'charismatic leader' that they follow. BUT, that position has been taken over the by the Governing Body. They function exactly like a powerful group leader, with group charisma as opposed to individual charisma (for sure!). The WTS is constantly stressing the need to be faithful and obedient to the Faithful & Discreet Slave, a group made up of some 8500 living JWs. In reality, the GB and a handful of other WTS leaders at Bethel carry out every singlefunction that the WTS claims for the FDS.

"It has a restrictive vision of the world in which only those who believe in the FLDS's version of the religion will gain access to the highest level of heaven." That's pretty much exactly the JW view - they are the only ones with the truth and the only ones who will be saved through Armageddon.

"The followers' lives are strictly controlled, as is information from the outside society." Again, this is very, very similar to JWs, who are discouraged from researching anything about the group from any outside source, or from using outside sources in their Bible study. They are strongly encouraged to use only WTS materials in their study.

"If they leave, they believe they have lost everything, their future salvation, not to mention their family." This is exactly what JWs are taught, and it is enforced through strict disfellowshipping and shunning. This magazine's description of what constitutes a cult fits JWs perfectly.

S4

• undercover
    undercover

Stilla...are you okay with admitting that you're a hypocrite? Do you like yourself in the position you're in? Are you satisfied with your quasi-JW lifestyle knowing it's wrong, never wanting out and free?

If you can answer yes to those questions then, I guess we shouldn't badger you on the subject anymore. But I suspect, that the answer isn't yes. And if it's not, then why aren't you doing something about it? Even if you can't physically leave the KH forever, why help build new ones?

I, as does minimus, like you Stilla....yours has been a voice of reason at times when others wanted to just hate.

I hope you can straddle that fence without getting too many splinters up the ass my friend.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Dawg

I so agree with your post.

• dawg
    dawg

"yours has been a voice of reason at times when others wanted to just hate"

Each and every person should "hate" anything evil and wrong. The time for reasoning is long ago over. Why don't you reason with a person who abuses their wives? Please!

All JWs and anyone tolerable of their actions are allowing mental abusers a free pass... Period!

Stilla knows its wrong, as do many on this forum...

Mini is right to call out these fools.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    The answer is, "Yes!"

I agree. " The Truth " is Nothing But Builcrap.

• megs
    megs

All of us are hypocrites in our own way, there is not a person living who has not engaged in some act of hypocrisy in his or her life... "Judge not, that ye be not judged"... Whether you believe in God, the Bible or otherwise, it is still a profound snippet of wisdom.

What I have observed about former and current JW's is that you are all incredibly passionate... At one time you were passionate about your belief in the WTS, and now you are equally passionate in your condemnation of the same group. Just remember there are a lot of people lurking here who are on the fence, don't let your passions scare them away

Just my two cents worth...

• choosing life
    choosing life

There are many ways to check out of the watchtower and of course it is a cult. I appreciate differing viewpoints though and don't see the need to force anything on anyone.

We are all happy when someone still "in the truth" leaks new info, letters, or the inside scoop on a jw scandel in the news. Insiders often offer us info that can keep us up to date about what they are force feeding our families that are still in. Is that not one reason many list for coming to this site?

Forcing someone to act as you do is not exactly different than the strategy of the leadership of the watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit