so i started the jeep in the darage

by oompa 192 Replies latest members private

• Odrade
    Odrade

Maybe outlaw is just a little sick of seeing a drunken melodramatic poster getting everyone all wound up every couple of days... "i'm gonna do it, i'm really gonna do it, this time i mean it..." "OH (insert name of latest attention seeker) we LOVE you, we'll all call you right now and stay up all night watching out for you with vigilance!" "i'm gonna do it, really really..." "don't be SAD! we LOVE you!"

gawd, put down the booze bottle already and go get some real help, instead of this online "slurring" followed by a couple hours of "scary" silence, followed by a completely "sober" remorseful post. (already? you're stone cold sober and typing already?) There are professionals out there to help you deal if you're serious. If you're not, quit jerking people around here and grow up.

• tula
    tula
    ..People who drink too much tend to be Drama Queens..

OUTLAW YOU ARE THE DRAMA QUEEN.

YOU ARE THE ONE TRYING TO GET ALL THE ATTENTION HERE WHEN SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS IT

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU REALLY HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM SOMEWHERE. MAYBE YOU HAD TO PUT UP WITH A DRUNK FAMILY MEMBER CONSTANTLY PULLING "I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF" STUNTS. SO NOW YOU THINK EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT.

WHATEVER. GO SEE A SHRINK FOR YOUR OWN PROBLEMS.

QUIT HIGHJACKING OOMPA'S THREAD.

FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO GET YOUR ATTENTION FIX.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Odrade..You put it all too well..................Tula..I was responding to a post to me,on this thread..By Eclipse.....Yes I have been around Whineing Drunks before..They don`t get help and they don`t shut up..It`s the same one note tune over and over.."I`m drunk,poor me..Everyone look at me I`m a poor drunk"..LOL!!.....They end up hurting the people around them..And ..Many times physically hurting themselves by accident..Cut off toes,cut off fingers,broken bones,smashed heads from falling..I`ve seen all of this...Guess who usually is the one who has to deal with it?..Me!..Everybody else is too freaked out to deal with a dismembered body part.......So..If you want to help oompa..Tell him to straighten out,get some help and stop whineing.......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Outlaw ... you should be a therapist. I bet you would make a great friend as well. I love your empowering posts.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Both viewpoints here are correct. OUTLAW is right with his totally honest and "nail on the head" view. But, balanced with

that are those whose hearts truly bleed when someone is in pain....any kind of pain...emotional, psychological, mental, physical.

It's their nature to coddle and console and "baby" and they will try their best to be there for the one in pain. It takes both kinds of

people to make the world go 'round.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I am not babying oompa, I acknowledge that he needs help and want him to seek it.

Just because someone comes on here in pain who is also drunk does not mean that they deserve less than your respect.

It is when people like outlaw come here, who CONSTANTLY picks on oompa, like the BULLY that he is acting like, that makes me angry..

And you claim that I am babying oompa, because we tell him to get help and that we care????

Oh wow, Of course we're put down for having the decency to have empathy and hearts for people who are in trouble.

Odrade, people like you make me angry too,

you apparently haven't changed from being the stuck-up know-it-all JW that we all had to put up while going to the hall.

Go ahead and flame me for that people, I really do not care.

I have bigger problems than you could even dream up, but you hear nothing from me about them.

And Hopefully it's nothing even close that any of you have ever had to deal with.

• Odrade
    Odrade

eclipse, I hate abusers. People who constantly threaten to harm themselves are every bit as abusive as people who threaten to harm others. The threat is implied: I am going to hurt you (myself) unless you do what I want. In the case of threats of self-harm, what the abuser wants is for everyone to drop everything and pay all of the attention to him/her, right now.

Discussion boards make it pathetically easy for this type of abuser to find their target: people who are compassionate (codependent? sympathetic? empathetic?) or who have a pathological need to save everyone. This is not to say that everyone who threatens suicide on a discussion board is to be dismissed as an attention seeker, because clearly there are people who simply leave a message in the one place they think people will care. But someone who shows this pattern of behavior where they come in, threaten, get attention, comes back, whines, gets more support, goes away and "scares" people, then comes back later and says it's okay, they'll make it... then does it again, and again, and again... THAT person is abusive. And you (sympathetic) people who constantly pay vigil to this type of attention seeking, are the abused.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The sick need attention. The healthy do not. I've seen the results of near suicides. It ain't pretty! I remember giving a lady acetylcysteine all night for overdosing on Tylenol. She could of ruined her liver. Another man is nearly a vegetable. He can't feed himself or get up to go to the bathroom. He can talk, but it's very slurred. All of his limbs are drawn up.

Then there was the man that would purposely pull his trach out and promptly vomit into the site. He did manage to get pneumonia and died. He blamed his mother for his paralysis.

On an on... Drama queens are people too.

• flipper
    flipper

ODRADE- Before you paint all alcoholic people with the same brush here may I make an observation here, please ? I am not sure if you are aware of Oompa recently coming off his anti-depression medicine a few days ago. True, that was not a smart thing to do . But, I don't know if you have dealt with different behavior patterns in people with chemical depression before- but it can , and is very unpredictable . Especially if someone intentionally comes off their meds for some inexplicable reason. And alcohol doesn't help at all either.

So, this is the kind of thing that can happen if someone is emotionally having depression, or chemical dependency, or even chemical imbalance. For those of us more fortunate who are not afflicted with these illnesses, we should thank our lucky stars. However , berating those (Oompa) for example who have to constantly battle alcohol, and depression , does nothing positive to help solve the situation. Don't you think if the man could control his problems- he would ? Also, many of us here know he is in the middle of perhaps deciding what to do with his life- whether to walk away from the witnesses and his marriage,or stay with a pretend life which he does not fully believe in. Do you think this is the easiest decision to make? Just like deciding what color of shirt you or I are going to wear each day we start out ? I think these decisions cause a hell of a lot more stress than that.

It is so easy to be calloused or hard on a person when they are going through this stuff. But unless you are walking in their situation , and all the other things they are going through, which no doubt contributes to the drinking- who are we to cast the first stone to bury the guy ?

Look, I would rather error on the side of mercy and say to our buddy Oompa- please get some professional help, and we are here for you, than to throw him under the bus with unnecessary criticism. I think those of us here who are stronger ought to show this guy some empathy and patience and get over insecurities or ignorance we have about chemical addiction and chemical depression. I think it is part of the ex-witness mentality to criticize those with depression and problems. Let's show some maturity here folks

• dinah
    dinah

What a loaded thread. Not sure where to start.

Eclipse and JK, if I ever really needed to talk something out I would definitely call on both of you. I've seen you on this board for a long time and have nothing but admiration.

The happy new year to Oompa thread I started before I saw all of this. I sincerely hope dear oopma knows I wasn't making fun. He was just in my thoughts at the time. He is like a kindred spirit to me, as so many of you are.

It is really stressful to be raised a WItness. Add on top of that, having the rug pulled out from under you when you discover you have wasted most of your life. Been there. It's a miracle I came away with some measure of sanity. You know who helped me through it? People I had met online who were dealing with the same thing. It's the hardest thing I've ever faced. It leaves you blowing in the wind for a time.

I'm a firm believer in talking things out. Once you speak something out loud or post it for others to read, it has healing power. More so than meds (but the two together can make progress).

Oompa, this hopeless feeling will pass. It took me about 2 years to stop wanting to just drown myself in the bathtub. It got so bad I was afraid to take a bath because a little voice would say "go under water and take a deep breath". I'm so thankful I didn't do that!!! That dark period passed and I have enjoyed life. I've watched my kids grow and learn. It's tough, believe me, I know. Whatever demons you are facing can be faced and conquered. You are a smart man. You probably (like me) think too much. Don't know if this will help, but I'll tell you what I did.

I would open a prayer to Christ (yep, a definite no-no in dubland) then ask him to just listen--then I would ramble for hours until I fell asleep. I would wake up in the morning and feel better. I did this almost constantly for about a year. Suicidal thoughts left me. I would just say "read my thoughts and fix me!" I'm not completely well, but things are alot better.

There are people here who really care about you. Not because of meeting attendance or field service hours--just because you are you. I care. I've adopted so many brothers and sisters around here and in other places. Having one more would make me happy.

Hang in there, brother.

((((((((oompa)))))))))) I feel for you, bro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit