so i started the jeep in the darage

by oompa 192 Replies latest members private

• onacruse
    onacruse

OUTLAW, dude! Please take what I'm posting here in the spirit of the friendship we share (and forgive me if I misinterpret):

You can't force sobriety down the throat of an alcoholic, anymore than you can force an alcoholic to stop dumping whiskey down their throat. It can only be their choice, to seek the one or to do the other.

In fact, the odds are long against success: Less than one in ten alcoholics ever even seek sobriety, and of those that do, about three in ten maintain it (as of the last info I have heard).

On a general note: The ((((hugs)))) thing can definitely be, and all too often is, an 'enabling' aspect of how we deal with alcoholics. fwiw, I haven't seen any of the posts on this thread in that particular way. And one of the primary tenets of AA is not "Attendance here is precedent upon that you haven't had a drink today, or this week, or this month," but instead "All are welcome who have a desire to stop drinking." In that respect, the ((((hugs)))) one gets at an AA meeting are supportive, and a necessary aspect of capturing a sense of connectedness with the rest of humanity, which is typically so lacking in an alcoholic...and which is one reason that suicidal thoughts are not unusual.

• oompa
    oompa

Holy Cow what a morning friends, and I do mean FRIENDS. I wish I could put all of on a two week Carribean Cruise together! I said in an earlier post here there is benefit in both ((((()))))) and the Kicka$$ approach. It took ahille because I was kind of afraid to go look at it, but I just read or re-read 10 pages of posts and remembered or did not remember most of it.

BEWARE of alcohol if you have thought of not wanting to be, or worse the S word. I am only recently being really educated by JK and AA and my own wife unfortunately of what these Blackouts are.....they are not passouts as they should be. I guess it it like sleepwalking except you can do a whole lot more. Like when I went out to my Jeep and had actually done some darn good bodywork and paint on it and did not remember it!!! And I found an awsome flex LED light that clips on your hat that I am pretty sure I did not pay for, and do not know where it came from (and it has a laser pointer too!). And yes I did find I had been firing my 22 and it had a badly jammed shell in it, but not the shotgun.

I nowwonder how many people have the "wish I was dead" feeling, and it is alcohol that dulls them into a permanent action........oompa

I am feeling and doing much better BTW......so thanks all

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

HS.........your succinct, yet hilarious breakdown of this thread was needed, i think. LOL!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit