so i started the jeep in the darage

by oompa 192 Replies latest members private

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so Oompa, now that you feel better, let me tell you my experience. My father was an alcoholic. By the time my mother divorced him, he already had cirrhosis of the liver. He became a street person, finally died in one of those hotels in the inner city where the folks with no options left wind up. I was glad he died, living with him was a horrible experience, the alcoholism nearly killed all of us. It goes on, too, into the next generations, which is why I'm glad I never had kids. My nephew, the nicest person who ever lived, just died in a horrible car accident due to alcoholism. His little children have no father.

So, my question is, is this what you want for your family? If you want your child to hate you, and your wife to leave you, and to wind up alone and alcoholic and in the streets, keep drinking. If you love your family and want a different future for them, if not for yourself, get to rehab and make it work.

It took me many years to get over my fear and dread of alcoholics. Now I see the bigger picture, and have more pity and sympathy, not just for the alcoholic but also for the family. So instead of basking in the love you find here, get your ass into rehab and bask in the love of your family.

And if this offends the rest of you, kindly accept that I don't give a shit.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hey Oompa, glad you are feeling better.

I have been watching the past few weeks and a trite but true saying keeps banging at me- "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity." (Ok, a misquote, but I got the idea) Something has got to change for you to ever get out of this spiral. You have to make it change or you will be living like this until you die miserable and old, or you are accidentally successful in killing yourself. Now, that won't accomplish anything! Perhaps you need to set up a soft place to land and friends handy for when it happens, but you need to confront SOMETHING. I don't know what exactly-but trying to go along to get along is clearly not the answer for you. For some it may work. You are too conflicted. I would have been like you(living a lie, even for those I love is really a hard thing to do), so I am glad I was too stupid to know the consequences of my actions when I left at 15. Knowing how much I could/would lose would have scared me witless. And I only lost one cong. NOT my whole family. Not my entire social structure (fortunately I had inadvertently built a bit of a landing pad already). I lost no money or a marriage.

You love them on any terms, and you aren't sure if they will return the favor. Try them, and live with the answer-because not moving on is killing you and we like you alive. You can find happiness again, and it might be right where you are-it might not. But you are going to have to kick through the wall to find out whats on the other side. And go to AA/detox and rehab. Your killing yourself slowly with the booze, and its a bad way to go. I know its the only acceptable WT vice. So stop on that grounds if nothing else:) WE like and care about you, you bix ox. And I am sure JK666 loves you too.:)

• changeling
    changeling

Get some help oompa. And when you do, listen to what they say and take your meds.

I'm sorry if I come accross as unfeeling, but I am bipolar and I know the drill.

You CAN live happily ever after, but you have to do the work to get there.

changeling

• flipper
    flipper

Oompa- Hey there my friend. Mr. Flipper here. You know my number , we have talked. I'm here all day if you would like to talk. My wife sends her regards, love, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper Peace out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Oompa....I love your posts ....Hang on in there man, we need you .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Eclipse..People who drink too much tend to be Drama Queens..Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

Oompa,

I love ya man, but you are not my kind of girl!

It is cool that you found someone local that you can talk to. I am glad you are okay today, I PMed you, but didn't know you had been posting already. And don't worry about that Canadian and his dog, they are probably enjoying a candlelight moment right now, listening to Barry White records.

Call any time 24/7

John

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your a fool JK666...Are you going to tell oompa to get his act together..Probably not........Are you going to activily kick his ass to get help..Probably not...........People like you are part of an alcoholics problem.............Your more likely to sit,have a beer with him and listen to his problems...................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• JK666
    JK666

Outlaw's a little upset this morning . . . guess his dog doesn't even want him.

JK

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JK666..When a Fool has no real Reply..They resort to insults..As you have done throughout this thread..................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit