Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    As soon as I read this article my heart sank not because of the death of someone only a year younger than myself, but because I knew that this site would today have a field day tearing up their family, the congregation and their beliefs for their own personal vindication. There is no need for the bitchy comments, the verbal attack on the family or indeed on the witnesses themselves for this

. Wow, your heart sank not because she passed, but because of how the congregation and the beliefs would be ridiculed. Hmm, and we have the problem? You are more concerned with how it will "look" than the fact that this young woman has died, leaving behind two young children, needlessly.

• bite me
    bite me

I just read that news article, it's sad. I know people hold true to their beliefs but if it comes down to living or dying and you have a chance to live, even for a day, month or more atleast you tried and didn't go on man's written interpretation of what he wants or thinks should be. I think if God truly wanted us to abstain from blood as for saving lives he would have said "blood transfussions" in the bible where he only states eating. That's for all the vampires out there who insist on eating/ drinking blood for pleasure.

I don't want to even imagine how many people have had to die or will die because of a belief that should not even be legal.

What I don't understand, JW's wish to have their freedom of religion rights, yet they wont salute the flag or vote. That's beyond me.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo
    Wow, your heart sank not because she passed, but because of how the congregation and the beliefs would be ridiculed. Hmm, and we have the problem? You are more concerned with how it will "look" than the fact that this young woman has died, leaving behind two young children, needlessly.

I noticed that comment in faundy's post too, sweetstuff. What a horrible, disturbing attitude to have! It is a shame that so many jw's have such a cold hearted view of things. Truly twisted. And they say WE are the ones that are negative!?

I feel so bad for those poor twin babies. And their young, pretty mom; what a waste of precious life!

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

What I don't understand, JW's wish to have their freedom of religion rights, yet they wont salute the flag or vote. That's beyond me.

That gets my hubby too.

• greendawn
    greendawn

We know what kind of disgusting spin they will put on it: "don't get too anguished about it she will soon be with us at the resurrection, the new system is not far from us"

The implication is that if she had given in and taken blood she would be lost for ever (according to the GB morons) so that her JW family must be pleased to have lost her only temporarily.

Such is the WTS manipulation based on their heretical beliefs. In fact 1) No one dies for ever in this system all will be resurrected in the future, apparently to be given a second chance and 2) apart from the saints the rest of the world will be resurrected long after the kingdom of God begins to rule.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

JW ignorance and arrogance makes me feel like

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Incredible, I've just watched Paul Gillies (actually, a very 'likeable' man) being interviewed on BBC TV, and he said that 'we only Baptise Witnesses as adults'!

• fifi40
    fifi40

I watched this too........he actually used it as a defense as to why this girl would be considered 'having disfellowshipped herself had she had a blood transfusion' or in otherwords she knew the rules when she got baptised........I rang the BBC breakfast show and told them that the JW doctrine is inconsistent in that they are allowed blood fractions........I hope the BBC takes this further.

• Dansk
    Dansk

First of all I'd like to express my admiration for the young woman who died for her faith. She was extremely courageous and died for what she believed in.

HOWEVER, the woman could have had blood transfusions, been saved and got disfellowshipped. Six months down the line she could have shown "sincere remorse" and been reinstated. Result, the husband would still have a wife and the children a mother. This is how absolutely ludicrous the situation of being a JW is.

And what really miffs me is the situation over blood fractions! Watchtower is always going on about how it's wrong to have blood transfusions owing to scriptural recommendations that obviously are referring to the eating of blood and yet members are allowed to take particles of blood to help combat illness. If they're going to stick to the letter of the law then they shouldn't be allowed to have fractions (which likely came about because someone in the GB needed them to treat an illness!). The Bible expressly forbids the taking of blood, it doesn't differentiate between whole blood and parts of it.

It's the 21st Century and yet the JWs are still living in draconian dark ages. The guilt firmly lies at the door of the GB in Brooklyn. The sad thing is, because of the intense pressure (fear) and mind control put on its members, more people are likely to die for refusing blood transfusions. This situation will continue to run and run until the JWs are finished.

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

Dansk - Did she die for her faith? How sure are we about that?

Eight years ago, in a very similar situation I lost 2.5 litres of blood and survived only by the skin of my teeth and the excellent work of two professors, one of obstetric gynacology and a professor of anesthetology who decided they were going to take over my case! When on the table, the inevitable happened I still refused blood. Why? I can only give you my answer but it is a totally honest answer! I was afraid I would be Disfellowshipped if I accepted a blood transfusion! I was more afraid of losing my family and friends than I was of losing my own life. I was terrified of the shame of being seen as a 'dirty' person. After all blood it given two positions in Watchtower lore. It is one, holy and sacred and not to be misused! It is two, germ ridden contaminated product that can kill you from reaction, hepatitis, aids and numerous other diseases. I feared my husband would no longer want me! I feared my family would all abandon me! I feared EVERYTHING BUT DEATH!

So here I am eight years later.

I know why I refused blood! How sure are we that she didn't refuse blood for the same reasons? Answer is, we'll never know as though my gamble paid out, hers didn't!

Full stop answer is SHE IS DEAD! There is nothing to admire about that!

Better a live dog than a dead lion! Now I wonder where that quote comes from?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit