Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• millymollymandy
    millymollymandy

This story makes me feel sick to my stomach. If anything was ever to happen to my boyfriend and his family denied him the chance to live in this way I would never ever be able to forgive them or their god.

I hope the story raises some more awareness of the issue - it's currently the top story on Google News - http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8 and is the most popular on the BBC site so maybe it will.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Just wanted to register my disgust.

The shame of it is that they actually believe the ***** the WT spouts. Those poor people involved will be completely devastated when one day they realise the sham.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

So sad.......I am sure everyone around them is in shock.

How sad those babies will never know their momma....now they also will grow up with guilt since their mum died after giving birth to them, and they will be made to feel responsibiliy to the publishing company that she died for.

Leslie

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

It is sad... and a rediculous perversion of the scriptures.

This just came through on Google Alerts... may add some more info.

I'm surprised that the Coroner has commented to the press - that is most unusual until after the inquest. Maybe this needs verifying from other sources.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

This is just heartbreaking, what a horrible waste of a beautiful life! But I sure am glad the Witness community will be rallying around them, they are the ones that supported this decision!

Highlander here is a tribute page:

http://www.ajwrb.org/victims/index.shtml

momzcrazy

• millymollymandy
    millymollymandy

The BBC has just put up a feature on JWs and blood transfusions: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7078673.stm

• Gill
    Gill

It is absolutely ridiculous that doctors feel they cannot enforce a blood transfusion.

Jehovah's Witnesses are PUNISHED if they accept a blood transfusion.

This means, in the simplest of English language that they are NOT EXPRESSING THEIR OWN OPINION WHEN THEY REFUSE A BLOOD TRANSFUSION. INSTEAD THEY ARE COERCED INTO REFUSING!

This is NOT the operation of free will!

When will the government, legal and medical authorities understand this very simple fact.

If a JW willing accepts a blood transfusion they are considered spiritually DEAD and are shunned!

JWs die rather than accept this evil, prehistoric, degrading punishment!!

• delilah
    delilah

This disgusts me!

• Fleur
    Fleur

What makes this even more dispicable in my mind is the fact that the WTS has gone through all of this blood fraction bull**** in the recent past. . . dissecting what you can and cannot have when this young girl was martyred for the sake of the ramblings of mad old men. If someone had taken a packet of blood and written "blood fractions' across it would they have accepted it then? Considering that yes, if you look at it from a certain point of view, it does contain fractions of blood. ALL of them, but still in parts! They play with semantics while people die. I cannot understand how these people sleep at night.

Any JW lurkers who may be reading this, I ask you- how in good conscience can you go out and knock on anyone's door and perpetuate the fetid, rotting garbage that the tower produces? How can you sleep at night knowing you're out there trying to convert people to a cult with such twisted perceptions of right and wrong?

Somehow, I would like to think that someone will pay for this someday. But in my heart, I know that the only one who has paid is Emma- and her babies.

Any man who could stand by and watch his young wife bleed to death. . .*shudder*

And yet. I know that my ex husband would have done it "for" me believing he was right all the time.

I'm just heartsick over this.

essie

• nelly136
    nelly136

This is a sad reminder to anyone who has left the jws that you really need to get your medical records updated NOW!!!!

If you are happy to receive blood as an exjw you really need to let your doctor know and make sure any 'no blood' records on your files are amended, because your next of kin (even if they have no contact with you) can and possibly will refuse permission for you to have a blood transfusion if you became incapacitated.

If you are fading and you have jw family that dont know then you also need to make your blood position clear to your doctor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit