Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wonder if the medical field feels any responsibility. If the hospitols sit around in their staff meetings saying.....".Well, we lost this young mother in child birth from loss of blood, she refused a blood transfusion....We really need to work harder to save lives without having to use transfusions. Hey my fellow docs, what do you think, what can WE do?"

purps

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    FaundyTo be honest, what disgusts me the most is that these sorts of articles are fodder for those on sites such as these who revel in the misfortune of others in order to add to their vendetta against the witnesses. There will always be more to this story. The girl will have died not from refusing blood but from complications after birth. As soon as I read this article my heart sank not because of the death of someone only a year younger than myself, but because I knew that this site would today have a field day tearing up their family, the congregation and their beliefs for their own personal vindication. There is no need for the bitchy comments, the verbal attack on the family or indeed on the witnesses themselves for this. I agree this forum helps those who have been personally affected by the society and come here in order to be mentally condoled, but I was disappointed that once again this site features articles that many simply love to grab hold of and devour in order to bitch and moan once again about the society.

Faundy, my mom was a Jehovah's Witness...she no longer is, because she's dead..., she could not accept a blood transfusion. The fear of "everlasting death," being murdered by The God of Love at armageddon or a living death of being shunned by everyone dear to her -- was too much.

I am certainly not, as you say, here to "...revel in the misfortune of others ..." or my own "personal vindication" .

My mother is dead, rotting away in a grave...because of the negligent, homicidal mind-control rules of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. All the enforcers of their rules, whether elders or friends and relatives, who are willing to inflict a shunning "living death" upon loved ones -- are guilty, too.

I know. I carry guilt over my mom's death. I tell this experience as a reality warning to JW's...not for "vindication". What good is that ? She's still dead.

Talk to me. Ask me whatever you want. There are others on this very thread who have lost their mom, dad, sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles... Ask them what their motivation is.

Rabbit

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The idiots! The REASON most women don't die of childbirth in this day and age is that they have blood transfusions available!!! C-Sections, too, but blood loss and infection is what usually does in a woman who has successfully birthed her child.

Bless those poor little babies. I hope her husband realizes what a stupid moronic mistake they made and comes out of the Borg. I hope it doesn't cement his loyalty to the org, but weakens it irretrievably.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Faundy

Paralipomenon has posted a thread with a link wo a worldy web site which is discussing this case......if you can be bothered take a look and there you will see what worldly people think of this matter and then compare it to the comments you are reading on threads like these on this site.

Nobody is delighting gleefully or sensationalizing anything on this site...........we all feel sad for this girl and her family........but we are fed up by the bitter waste of life bought about by this organisation.

Please dont misinterpret our thoughts, feelings or words on this matter.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

faundy said:

I'm trying to see it from both sides and am also attempting (although obviously not very successfully) to highlight that this forum contains too much gleeful pouncing on any witness sensationalism. We do not know all the facts.

The facts we do have is a young mother and daughter is dead at the age of 22.

I don't know where you're getting the idea we're "Gleeful" over this sad situation. This is News we dread hearing!

Many of us, including myself have precious family still in this cult. We have every right to be concerned. When I was 22, I may have made the same decision so it terrifies me what can happen.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I saw a documentary recently on the Jonestown tragedy. One of the men who avoided drinking the Kool-Ade by being somewhere else at the time, said that he loved life and did not want to die, but if he had been in the camp at that time he probaby would have drank the Kool-Ade because he was so concerned about how his community viewed him. He did not want to be looked at as weak or not having faith in God.

I think that this is true with many Jehovah's Witnesses. It has less to do with God and more to do with peer pressure. How they will look to their friends, parents and other members of the congregation.

What this young woman did by refusing a blood transfusion was what suicide bombers do and no one calls them brave. No one says that, well, at least the terrorist had the conviction of their beliefs. No, what they do is wrong. Just as the suicide bombers kills many people by his acts, so, too, this young woman, by her acts will cause many to admire her, want to be llike her, and will choose death because of a man made rule.

Religion is not only a snare and a racket, it is a dangerous institution. All of them.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have held my tongue thru all the bashing on this poor woman. Let me add my bit, as I know first hand. I was her and I made the same choice she did. I also would have left a husband and two precious children. What you may not understand is that she felt she was doing right. I was faced with die now and be with my kids forever as a reward for being faithful, or compromise and live now. And then be killed by a vindictive God for disobeying him. Would you rather have forever or a few dozen years? I wanted forever with my children. When you have a belief battered into your brain for YEARS you begin to believe it. I have no doubt she wanted forever with her kids too. Maybe she felt as I did,"I can provide a good example to my kids and fellow Witnesses. Maybe the hospital will learn something in treating me." Maybe she didn't have the opportunity to think anything, maybe it all went down too fast. We don't know.

Yes, I hate the Society for making this an issue and for killing innocent people. Their blood is on their heads and they will pay. Yes I am mad that intelligent people blindly do what they are told, without using their God-given brains. But none of us should ever forget that THIS GIRL DID WAS SHE THOUGHT SHE SHOULD, SHE WANTED FOREVER WITH HER CHILDREN!! Please don't judge her unless you have faced horrible choice yourself.

momzcrazy

• Gill
    Gill

I don't think any ex witnesses are judging this poor girl!

Some of us have been in an almost identical situation....just been lucky to escpe with our lives.

In the end, we know that this girl was killed through PEER PRESSURE as well as lack of blood!

When you add peer pressure to the pot, you realise that a lot of other people bear responsibility for this tragedy.

Those who think there is 'glee' over her death are mistaken. There is a lot of anger over an unnecessary tragedy and someone who was tipped over the edge quite possibly avoidably!

No doubt the coronor will give, in time, a better explanation over why this lady died. But in the end, not EVERYTHING THAT WAS POSSIBLE was done to save her. A rapid infuser can work miracles sometimes. But we'll have to wait and see what the coronor has to say now.

But I'd like to repeat to Faundy, there is NO GLEE!

Everyone should be angry over this.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

momcrazy

Isn't it amazing how we read the same material but interpret it completely differently.

I see absolutely no bashing of the mother, infact the complete opposite.

I would say most of us who were JWs would have done exactly the same.

I am embarrased/ashamed/disgusted with myself, but I too would probably sacrificed my life and the life of my loved ones for the Watchtower. Luckily I was never put into that position.

Faundy

Read the posts again, where is the glee. Show me one quote where someone is gleeful.

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article434158.ece

THE husband of the Jehovah’s Witness mum who died after refusing a blood transfusion because of her beliefs is blaming the hospital where she lost her life.

Anthony Gough, 24, claims medical staff may have been negligent over wife Emma’s death – and legal action could follow.

He has told friends Emma, 22, WOULD have submitted to a transfusion – if it had used her OWN recycled blood.

Anthony claims when staff brought in a blood-cell salvage machine for the procedure they were unsure how to use it.

It’s alleged medics were frantically looking on the internet for instructions as Emma died.

The Sun told this week how Emma died from blood loss after giving birth to twins at at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

She had signed a form forbidding a transfusion as they are banned by her religion.

Medics urged husband Anthony to overrule her decision but he said he could not.

Heating engineer Anthony, 24, of Dawley, Shrops, and his family – who are caring for the motherless boy and girl twins – refused to comment last night.

But a friend of the family said: “Anthony and Emma would not permit a stranger’s blood to be used because that would be against their Witness faith.

“It was a question of storing blood coming out of Emma and putting it back into her.

“But Anthony says the staff on duty didn’t know how to operate the machine. He’s angry, frustrated and heartbroken.”

A coroner has opened an inquest into Emma’s death. A spokesman for the Royal Shrewsbury said it had received no complaints about staff conduct, but a full internal inquiry was in progress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit