Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• fifi40
    fifi40

With all respect Faundy I have not noticed any bitchy comments towards this girl or her family.

I have noticed expressions of sadness for her death and sadness for her family.................most on here are exasperated at the needless waste if the reason she died is because she needed a blood transfusion.............to most of us it is pointless and sad but I for one feel every sympathy for the family of this person.......please remember a lot of us still have relatives who are JWs.

Fi

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Fuandy,

Did you really expect there NOT to be an outrage? That young woman is dead, her children will never know thier mother and the father will need counseling and support for a religion that teaches LIES.

• Gill
    Gill

Sadly, as with most JWs Faundy cannot see what really matters only what the WT society says matters. The trouble with that is that they regularly move the goal posts leaving their members with either pointless lives or, in the sad case of this young woman....dead!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Truthseeker beat me to it. Faundy said:

but I was disappointed that once again this site features articles that many simply love to grab hold of and devour in order to bitch and moan once again about the society.

What did you expect us to do, say "good show WTS for allowing another person to die needlessly and oh well at least the family was doing what they thought was right?"

Maybe the reason we're so angry is that some of us have either lost relatives because of the blood issue or could have died ourselves due to it.

Maybe we have good reason to be angry. I pity the family. They are the ones who will have to live with the repurcussions of all of this- at least Emma is either sleeping or in a better place, however you view it. She's not suffering now. The family and her now motherless children will suffer and YES that is ENTIRELY the fault of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society!!!

• jambon1
    jambon1

This is extreemly sad. I hope that the lass was truely convinced her religion is the true one. How anyone can be 'this sure' is beyond me. It always makes me wonder what the JW elder says at the funeral of people who die as a result of refusing blood. Filth!

• Fleur
    Fleur
    This is extreemly sad. I hope that the lass was truely convinced her religion is the true one. How anyone can be 'this sure' is beyond me. It always makes me wonder what the JW elder says at the funeral of people who die as a result of refusing blood. Filth!

What will they say? They'll make an example out of her- they'll hold her up as the highest ideal any JW can strive for because she will be called 'faithful unto death'. I wish so much more that she were alive than another JW martyr. But they will say that she was loyal and courageous- and I'm sure that was true because you have to be to die for your convictions or to live for them- I just wish she had known all the facts before she and her family made the decision. They will say that she will receive her reward in paradise when she is resurrected. That's what they'll say. They'll probably write an Awake article about her.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Just another thing Faundy......

We understand the mindset and the mind control required to refuse a life saving blood transfusion...........we find it sad and frustrating that it cost people their lives..........if we are outraged it is outrage only at an organisation that continues to falsely manipulate good peoples minds.

Outrage will come from people who have no knowledge of the JWs and see it for what it truly is..........a sad waste of life.........unfortunately they may not be so undertsanding and forgiving of the family's actions with regard to matters such as these.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

We understand the mindset and the mind control required to refuse a life saving blood transfusion...........we find it sad and frustrating that it cost people their lives..........if we are outraged it is outrage only at an organisation that continues to falsely manipulate good peoples minds.

Outrage will come from people who have no knowledge of the JWs and see it for what it truly is..........a sad waste of life.........unfortunately they may not be so undertsanding and forgiving of the family's actions with regard to matters such as these.

Another outrage will come from those that are familiar with the difference on what the WTS demands enforcement on--- and what the bible actually said that was a dietary stipulation and NOT a "religious" dictate.

I stopped by the records dept today, and signed a paper to amend my initial medical records AFA being subservient to the WTS Governing Body to the use (or actually, non-use ) of whole blood products from this date forward. I had to sign another paper stating that my decision would be reflected to anyone who was in need of my medical history, and I was happy to see that it would be permanently attached to anyone that was in a position to see this.....as my "own witness" in standing against the WTS.....just a small personal gratification as it were.

Annie

• bluebell
    bluebell

the first time i went to the doctors after i left i got my medical records changed but i shudder what would have happened if i'd had an accident in between!

my heart goes out to the young husband and his new children who will never know their mom. so sad and such a waste of life.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Absolute tragedy ! the worst situation in my book, poor deluded girl....what a life wasted

I do wonder how it it happened though, Should the hospital have been set up for "non blood management " of a J W in patient? I know of course that as non expert people we cannot say...

The only positive is the massive publicity that this is getting..It might stop a few Bible Studies.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit