Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Right now I can only think of two things, well three..........my daughter is delivering a baby in January. Never during her pregnancy have I worried about her during child birth, the baby yes, the babies health, etc etc. My daughter and I talked early on about if a baby needed a transfusion, but never about her. I know she would get one if she needed it. I am glad this is not a issue for us. But, How tragic for this young family.

I have twins, of 4 pregnancies and births, the twins delivery was the only one with any complications. I was not a witness at that time. I delivered the first twin and my cervix closed up. For the second birth, I had to be put to sleep. Another doctor/pediatrician was on hand. It all happened very fast and I was horrified, I was not prepared. I bit at the arms of the anesthiologist while he was putting me under. The time between the first twin and the second was only 9 mins so you can see how fast this all was.

I was 21 when I delivered the twins. I can't imagine the resolve this woman came to beforehand to make this decision.

My daughter fell out of her highchair and broke her nose when she was 5 mos old. There was some damage to the cartlidge and she had to be put to sleep to repair. I was advised beforehand that there is a risk of when she was put under she may not wake up. I had to sign a paper giving consent. But I had a choice.

It goes against the very nature of us as humans to deny something that would save our very lives or the life of a loved one. I am sorry that this family felt they had no choice in this matter.

Will this make those that have observed this study the scriptures and tell these people they got it wrong? How can this be fixed?

purps

• Gill
    Gill

Purplesofa - It may be with the WTBTS that some things just can't be fixed they have to be abandoned and destroyed.

If they refuse to change their no blood policy and continue to allow the innocent to die, they simply expose themselves to the realisation that they are a sham, human sacrifice cult, no different to the Aztecs and other ancient civillisations who believed that God or the Gods demanded certain sacrifices.

The world has woken up to what extremism can demand and see that the Jehovah's Witnesses are no different to other cults, and fanatical extremist who demand the blood of their followers.

Can the WTBTS survive such exposure? PRobably, but only if such news only trickles out every so often and only when the press and people in general get fed up with hearing about their inane religious babblings!

They are obviously now a DANGEROUS CULT! How can they be anything else with the blood of a 22 year old woman on their own hands?

Add to Emma Hughes the mountain of Watchtower Corpses....you have a stench that reaches to high heaven!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1
    Sorted by relevance Sort by date Sort by date with duplicates included

The Sun
    The Big Question: Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses, and why do they ...
    Independent, UK - 12 hours ago
    She was a Jehovah's Witness (JW) and had refused a blood transfusion. There are 130000 JWs in the UK, and almost seven million worldwide. ...
    'Jehovah's Witness mother who died could have been me'Times Online
    What Jehovah's Witnesses believeTimes Online
    Jehovah's Witness mother dies after refusing blood transfusionGuardian Unlimited
    ShortNews.com - 4Music News
    all 48 news articles »
    Product ReviewsWatchTower Society Requirement: Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse blood ...
    Product Reviews, UK - 20 hours ago
    Following on from the post earlier today about the Jehovah Witness “Emma Gough” who died after refusing a blood transfusion, we had a comment from Georgia ...
  • LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

This is really sad. This girl was someones daughter. The pain of losing a child has got to be unbearable.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Oftentimes people make serious decisons in a Robotic state. It has nothing to do with Bravery.

For example, two years ago I put my precious Bull Dog Lucie Jo down. She had accidentially killed one of my Chihuahuas. Everyone around me, including my husband pressured me to get rid of my dog. This nagging and berating become so great, I went into Robot Mode. Here's how it progressed.

I wouldn't speak with my husband. I didn't call daughters; I was dead silent. (I am normally talking constantly) I called the vet while I fed my beautiful girl hamburger and other goodies.

At the vet's office, I continued to feed my dog snacks and cuddled her. The doctor brought a blanket into the room and spread it on the floor.

I lay down with her and gazed into her eyes until they went blank. Immediately, I became myself again and started screaming. It was at that time I realized the seriousness of what I had done. Sadly it was too late and I wanted to die with her. I wasn't Brave at all. If anything, I was too timid to stand up to those around me.

In other words, I was a coward.

It's possible this young lady's loved ones will wake up and realize the loss.

My intention is not to compare the death of my dog to the death of a human being so I apologize to those who may be offended.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here is the link with Paul Gillis on BBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvcTf_KNOi0

• Gill
    Gill

LoverOfTruth - You make a very good point! (I know you're not comparing the death of an animal with a human).

I wonder if Emma Gough's relatives will wake up to what they have allowed to happen!

I agree with you entirely that this is not a 'brave' thing to do! It is cowardice to give into the unreasonable and dangerous, even life threatening demands of another, be it relatives, friends or a crazy cult!

A brave husband would have stood up to everyone in that room and said 'save her!' Maybe it wouldn't have saved her...but they could have tried!

A brave father, mother, brother would have stood up and said 'give her the blood!' At least they could have tried everything.

But all said and done, the fault is not entirely with them but the puppet master that controls their minds.....the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

The rest are just VICTIMS!

I know that many of us would have done the same as that girl and her family! But I certainly wouldn't like to live with the consequences years down the line when I found out that it was all a big, damned, LIE! The WTBTS is a foolish cult and their victims are dying....for nothing!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Courage?, bravery? bravado? or the fear of failure and bending to peer pressure.....What it is it?

I can only speak for myself and think back to how I felt when I was "in". Of course the service to "The Truth" is everything to you at that time . You really believe that it is service to God. You are sure that taking blood would grieve Him and that He would turn away from you. Simply put, taking blood is just not an option . You would no more consider it that you would allow an African witch doctor to operate on you (and even that is a lesser example) It simply never enters their head to accept it.

When they say "no blood" it is a programmed response. The WT does a great job in convincing them that it is a certain dose of Aids anyway. (I know that is a slight exageration on what they actually print, but not a exaggeration on what a lot of dubs think)

Therefore there is no choice to be made . The WT has many times said that the decision has to be made in advance - hence the blood card . It forms a function both of alerting the medics but also reinforcing the belief in the minds of the flock . After all they all have a card, makes them feel bonded together on the issue.

So what is it? I cannot call it courage , It is playing out the role, a Pavlovian conditioned response. A dub has no choice but to accept the belief.

We will never know if this girl was conscious and able to say "yes" or "no" to the decision or whether it all happened too quickly?.

I saw a quote from a "spokesman" who said that they would never coerce anyone to refuse it.. I know that is what they will say, but that is such a lie. There is no option but to refuse it .

• Gill
    Gill

BluesBrother - Virtually EVERYTHING the Watchtower society says is a convoluted lie in one way or another.

Theocratic Warfare aka Lying, is the only weapon in their arsenal against people who are not already under their mind control. JWs simply go along with the lying to cover up for 'mother'.

EX JWs and current JWs KNOW that to take blood is a Shunning Offense!

They / We know that a JW has NO CHOICE except to refuse blood.

And that, in a nutshell, is the truth.

As a previous poster pointed out, JWs are like an abused woman in a marriage. She has No Choice but to lie and cover up for her husband UNTIL she reaches breaking point! Hopefully she will not be killed by her husband before she reaches that point!

• faundy
    faundy

Gill- you're wrong, I'm not a witness. And my thread was about the sadness I feel for the way far too many threads have been dedicated to this one news story. I'm trying to see it from both sides and am also attempting (although obviously not very successfully) to highlight that this forum contains too much gleeful pouncing on any witness sensationalism. We do not know all the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit