Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mary
    Mary
    Peter Welsh, 24, was best man at the couple’s beach wedding in Barbados two years ago. He said: “Everyone is devastated by what has happened. “We can’t believe she died after childbirth in this day and age, with all the technology there is.

Ya......that's right. The technology IS there to save lives. The catch is: you have to actually USE it in order for it to work.

What a total waste. Having gone through something similar a month ago, I can only hope that maybe this girl's husband or family members will be able to see somewhere down the road that this sick, twisted doctrine is being enforced by sick, twisted men----not God.

• Gill
    Gill

Mary - The Witnesses are so fooled by the WT's hype that blood is dangerous, dirty, not necessary that they cannot grasp it when someone dies from lack of blood transfusion. They always claim 'another reason'.

When will they understand that SOMETIMES NOTHING ELSE BUT BLOOD WILL SAVE A LIFE?!

Probably never as long as they put their minds and thinking capacity into the hands of a bunch of senile freaks in Brooklyn who believe that only they are God's mouthpiece on Earth!

This whole case is a total disgrace!

It's shaming for the WTBTS.....no matter what they say about following the Bible!

It's shaming for the girl's husband and family that they ALLOWED HER TO DIE UNNECESSARILY to follow the directions of MEN!

The only good that can come from this is that the WT is publicly shamed and potential victims are warned before any JW knocks on their door!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This is a sad reminder to anyone who has left the jws that you really need to get your medical records updated NOW!!!!

If you are happy to receive blood as an exjw you really need to let your doctor know and make sure any 'no blood' records on your files are amended, because your next of kin (even if they have no contact with you) can and possibly will refuse permission for you to have a blood transfusion if you became incapacitated.

I am so glad you brought this out!!!

I just quickly popped in before I head for the hospital in a few minutes to get pre-op Lab work done.....and I have often thought about doing this while there but never got around to it. I HAVE HAD two operations there as a JW, and one was where the elder went in and made a big scene concerning this in 1989. I will be going to the records dept after the initial visit is done.

How very tragic that another JW has sacrificed their life to the Watchtowergod. Two precious little babies left without a mommy. ......and the JWs will proudly wear her death as another feather in their cult cap.

• nelly136
    nelly136

am glad you got that sorted sunspot

If anyone here had an accident it would be a shame if their lives were in someone elses hands. Especially if its someone who may see it as a worthy sacrifice to put them back in good standing for armagonnagettum.

• fifi40
    fifi40

This so sad..........and so unnecessary.......

I mentioned the other day that an elder had asked to come and visit me..........he did on Saturday morning........he is a one of 5 elders on the HLC for our area..........he was talking a lot about it.

I said if the situation involved me or my son I would have one and I would battle for my son to have one also.......my son is nearly 15 and this elder said it would be likely that they would take his thoughts (my son's) into consideration..........I am his mother and they (the org and those elders involved) think they have a right to play God with his life.........it is despicable.

How many more lives must be lost to their worthless cause..........

• Gill
    Gill

Fifi - This is the point I was trying to make earlier. Your Son's thoughts would be taken into consideration, but ARE THEY YOUR SON'S THOUGHTS? Who put those ideas, that he should reject blood in an emergency, into his head? Is it by any chance the same organization that would punish him by announcing him as disassociated if he chose to accept blood?

In that case....THEY ARE NOT HIS THOUGHTS!

• Mary
    Mary
    Gill said: It's shaming for the girl's husband and family that they ALLOWED HER TO DIE UNNECESSARILY to follow the directions of MEN!

Yep. But to a Witness' way of thinking, they have two choices: Either refuse a transfusion now and die a literal death now, make "Jehovah's heart glad" and get a future resurrection, or accept a transfusion now, piss Jehovah off, die a mental, emotional and spiritual death now, lose all your family and friends and wait for the Second Death to come and get you.

For many Witnesses----No. #1 is preferable to No. #2.

• Gill
    Gill

Mary - Yes! I made that choice myself a few years ago!

Cases like this pull me up short and remind me what a fool I was to worship a book publishing company that enjoys making martyrs of women and children for their cause!

• faundy
    faundy

To be honest, what disgusts me the most is that these sorts of articles are fodder for those on sites such as these who revel in the misfortune of others in order to add to their vendetta against the witnesses. There will always be more to this story. The girl will have died not from refusing blood but from complications after birth. As soon as I read this article my heart sank not because of the death of someone only a year younger than myself, but because I knew that this site would today have a field day tearing up their family, the congregation and their beliefs for their own personal vindication. There is no need for the bitchy comments, the verbal attack on the family or indeed on the witnesses themselves for this. I agree this forum helps those who have been personally affected by the society and come here in order to be mentally condoled, but I was disappointed that once again this site features articles that many simply love to grab hold of and devour in order to bitch and moan once again about the society.

• dmouse
    dmouse

You can hear the official JW spokesman, Paul Gillies (sp?) on radio five live this morning.

A recording is available on the radio site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml

Navigate to Victoria Derbyshire's show, click on MON.

Pauls section is 1:45 into the show, you can skip forward to the relevent part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit