Mum aged 22 dies for Jehovah

by MidwichCuckoo 114 Replies latest watchtower medical

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

What Dansk said.

And, yes I believe it takes a huge amount of courage to make such a decision, even if it is based on a completely wrong premise. After all people the world over are making life and death decisions based on things I would say are totally erroneous (armies., freedom fighters, terrorists, christian scientists, smokers, drinkers, drug users, people who buy goods from stores known to use child labour, people who work for arms manufacturer or cigarette companies etc etc the list is endless)

She may have been completely wrong, but she was very brave, and now the rest of her family are going to have to be brave for the rest of their lives. I hope that young dad does find hapiness again, because he is way too young to never be happy again.

• Gill
    Gill

With greatest respect to the opinions of others I beg to differ on whether this poor young woman was 'brave' to make such a decision!

She made her decision, why? We can never be sure. BUT, someone had told her wrongly that God did not want her to have a blood transfusion!

Once we start going down the road of 'they / she / he were brave' we have to consider suicide bombers as 'brave' and begin to admire them also! We have to. This poor lady dying has left two children with out their mother. A man without his wife and a family without their daughter. Her death had serious consequences to other people and I suspect her husband is totally mortified by this experience as are her family and friends.

We have forgotten that JWs are pressurised into abstaining from blood and punished if they consent to blood! This is not a free choice and therefore it is not a brave decision!

It may take a great deal of 'courage' to lie dying while people are begging you to let them save your life, but this is not a type of courage that needs to be admired as it is as if a gun were held to her head to say 'No' to blood to begin with. If she'd had the courage to survive, refuse to be bullied into death by a book publishing company, well that would have been brave!! In the words of Professor Dumbledore, 'It takes a great deal of courage to stand up against you enemies, but to stand against your friends takes a special kind of courage!'

She was very much between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! She had to jump one way or another and she chose the wrong way to jump!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Gill,

I cannot disagree with your comments, which is why I placed a big HOWEVER in my post. I went on to express how ludicrous the whole situation is.

Of course the girl was pressurised. Of course she had fear of the things you highlight. But, assuming she genuinely died for her faith I admire her.

Now that's not to say I agree in all cases of people dying for what they believe. I am no longer religious, have had four blood transfusions myself and can't think of laying down my life for anything or anyone other than for family and close friends (or, in certain situations, to help my fellow man, such as if he/she were drowning, for example).

Whatever the girl's reasons for refusing blood she was still incredibly brave. Naive, yes. In fear, probably (but if she genuinely believed in the resurrection according to her religion her fear may well have been alleviated).

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

P.S. Read my last post here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/143526/4.ashx

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

Ian - I too hope she was not in any fear when she was dying!

I remember feeling peaceful when lapsing into unconsciousness and a feeling of stepping out on a chance and that 'everything would be all right in the end!'

I hope she had that peace in her!

I have read your post on the letter to the Charities Commission! It is an excellent letter. As I said earlier in a post to CompoundComplex, I don't feel that is just JW children that need protecting. The law tends to step in and protect the most vulnerable. However, older teenagers and adults need to be protected from this outrageous demand from the Watchtower bible and Tract society.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Can someone tell me where, in what city, this tragedy occured? I am not familiar with the paper online that covered the story and there seems to be no reference in the article to where this happened. I would like to include details in a letter to out local rag.

Thanx

Jeff

• Gill
    Gill

Morning, Jeff!

Emma Gough died at Shrewsbury Hospital and she was from Telford. I believe this is in the West Midlands area of the United Kingdom.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Jeff,

Gill beat me to it

There's another thread on the subject which might also help you: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/145836/1.ashx

Ian

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Gill and Dansk.

Jeff

• Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit