Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , Too good to be true for the R&F . Maybe there's been too much child abuse during the talks they decided to shorten it . I mean there is nothing quite like the roucus brought on by them dragging and spanking their kids all the way to the back of the kingdom hall. They too stupid to make things fun for kids and keep them out of the way for an hour or two so adults can get on with their mind numbing religion.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Apart from anything else, it just seems like too much change all in one hit! Halving the Awake!, Public/Private Watchtowers and 30 minute Public Talks. Surely even Brooklyn wouldn't be so stupid as to dump the talk completely?!

From the 'Charitable Status' point of view it would be like shooting themselves in the foot. It's one of the few so called 'public benefit' aspects of their activity that they can point to.

Nah! I don't see this happening.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Now boys, let's not squabble. It's right up their alley to keep trimming expenses and time and blah blah blah.

This I know, if a CO said it to a lowly seester it's likely to happen within a a year or 2. It's not set in stone so it was ok to say it to a woman. Who'd believe a woman?

Seester Catfish

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Well, the 'Public Talk' was never very 'public' anyway

If this is accurate, it makes perfect sense to me...

tula ........a CLOSED PRIVATE CLUB. They are locking the doors to outsiders!

Remember - the WT denies any prediction of Armaggeddon arriving in 1975, yet still built up the R&F into a '75 Frenzy? If the doors are seen to be 'locking' (WT & talks for JW only - excluding 'Worldly' peeps), a few trigger words like 'Noah', 'Ark' etc and we have 1975 revisited. People will be too scared to leave, and those on edge will return increasing the numbers.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Just an afterthought - if the public are excluded, would this affect the 'Charity' status - as it would be 'private clubbish' and not 'benefitting' community?

• Gill
    Gill

Very interesting and definitely a possibility, but time will tell how they'go' with this cutting or removing altogether of the Public Talk.

My own opinion is that the usual world events, ie war, hunger, disease, added to the unusual and that which only happens every 10 - 15, 000 years, ie climate change, has gone to the heads of the GB! Add to that their total freaked out panic that they are being exposed on the internet for what they are, a CULT, they are winding up the R and F into a frenzy of panic and imminent destruction!

They were never daft, you know! It's just the R and F that are daft enough to fall for their scam!

So, imagine if the Public talk was removed, or even just reduced, the R and F would begin to see their 'work' as a marking for destruction work rather than a message of good news! That should keep the Watchtower in lots of money and contributions for at least another 25 + years!

It's all a big and very clever marketing Scam!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Hi everyone.

This all sounds abit crazy to me. We have just been told that Public talks are going down to 30 minutes. Now it is possible their has been a rethink on this.

A point that has been made is the new WT study is for members only so I can see why they could posibly ditch the public talks altogether. I was just about to start reducing mine to 30 minutes but not giving them at all sounds better. Its been harder in recent months to say much of what is in my outlines when I doubt its truthfullness now.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Again..the only change in public talks is that they are going to be 30 mins to allow the "friends" to associate more

Or rather to associate with their clique more... I always timed my attendance to walk in as the song started and leave right after prayer I never found any "friends" to associate with...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I believe that the CO comments are probably totally true, think about it and especially ex elders, MS and pioneers who dealt with the CO's on a more regular basis,

How many times did you see and hear of changing policies, rules of conduct, procedures with each changing of the guard?

So much for we shall all speak in agreement as Paul said to the Corinthians, I see this happening but not true, I also see it happening and it being true as perhaps one rogue CO jumping the gun, remember a CO is just an elder like so many other elders who couldn't keep their mouths shut when it counted.

Respectfully, abr

• Gill
    Gill

It may not be true immeadiately as it may be a plan for the next year or so, however, the GB know the REAL figures as to who is really still a fully brainwashed dub and 'producing' hours, literature placements, studies etc, and this figure, in REALITY, not the figures that we see chalked up is definitely falling. They claim a 0 % growth in the USA and similar or negative figures in other countries, so something has to happen to put FEAR and I mean real fear of imminent destruction in the minds of those still trapped in the cult and changes of any kind are always good for that.

As I said in the earlier post, the world is ALWAYS in some sort of polictical, social, of health turmoil, and throw in climate change, a natural occurance that is added to by human polition and BINGO! you can frighten the living bejezees out of anyone if you put your mind to it!

The new 'private' Watchtowers are going to be very revealing as to their control intentions on the R and F, and other changes just add to the suspense and drama!

Remember, R and F JWs are still expecting Armageddon at any time and any moment! Remove the 'public' from the talks and the GB can mind 'f%$!! the sheep any which way they choose!

Mind control at its finest and most sinister!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit