Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hubert, I agree. I think they are forcing people to conform by peer pressure. Now the big push is preaching before the End comes and JWs have to prove that they are Witnesses by preaching. They "spun" the fact that Bethelites left Bethel so that they could PREACH!

• Satanus
    Satanus

The flow of sewage oops, i mean spiritual life giving waters seem to be reducing. If this is going to be longterm, it's pretty serious.

S

• Kudra
    Kudra

ha ha ha

the public talks were the last thing that the KH had to offer that was remotely enjoyable- being designed for the public and all, they were less cultish...

Now it will ALL be freaky dubtalk and indoctrination and preaching the evil of the world outside the KH doors

• minimus
    minimus

I said to my mother that this will be the first time that Witnesses don't try to reach the public. They actually have phased them out!

This is very, very cultish to me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm a bit skeptical on this one. But I do agree that there will be a great deal of peer pressure on those who want to have lunch or go home rather than getting in a car group. I suppose it's a quick fix on falling numbers in service

• hubert
    hubert

Well, the sooner they get out there knocking on doors, the sooner they will find the householder with the newsaper article in their hand about the 16 child abuse cases getting settled out of court with a gag order attached.

Hubert

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

this is false

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Service equals sales as it always been

• minimus
    minimus

When my mother told me this, I was shocked! But the more I think about it the more I see a desperate cult excluding everyone not a JW. They are showing they don't care about catering to anyone not a Witness. They have their own Watchtowers, their own WT. Study and they will not even try to make their message more palatable to an outsider.....And why? Because the En is soooooooooo near.

• minimus
    minimus

Mike Musto, if this is false, I can assure you that my mother wouldn't make this statement up. and if you've ever read anything that I've posted here, it hasn't been inaccurate. So if you know differently, please do share!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit