Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since I wasn't there and obviously heard this 2nd hand, anything is possible BUT I doubt that she would misunderstand that. Now if she didn't hear that the WT. was being shortened to 30 minutes and then afterward everyone was expected to go in service, that's a possibility. Mike Musto, it sounds like you have the inside track. Could you see where there either could be some misunderstanding?? If not, then i'm sure my mom's not senile (yet).

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Come to think of it the WT study version won't be for outsiders. So maybe they will do away with the public part and just have a talk. That way us apostates can't go because it is not open to the public any more.

5go, those three sentences are the most coherent of any I've seen written by you. Congratulations!

Sylvia

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

minimus- I have no more of an inside track than most "active" JW's other than the fact that I am extremly close to the elder body, live in Brooklyn, and am extremely close to the Bethelites that go to my cong. Again..the only change in public talks is that they are going to be 30 mins to allow the "friends" to associate more

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I am wondering if the CO was saying there would be no public talk during his visit in a push to get everyone out in service. ?

~Merry

• 5go
    5go

I am wondering if the CO was saying there would be no public talk during his visit in a push to get everyone out is service. ?

~Merry

It could be that too.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Come to think of it the WT study version won't be for outsiders. So maybe they will do away with the public part and just have a talk. That way us apostates can't go because it is not open to the public any more.

That does make sense. Keep studies away from the Kool Aid stuff, maybe get them to attend the book study instead, where there are smaller groups and they can be monitored more closely. Either way I'm sure we are bound to hear more on the subject in the not too distant future.

• minimus
    minimus

I will try to find out more tomorrow. If I am incorrect in reporting what I was told, I will clarify. I try not to relate something that I believe could be untrue. So far my mom has been accurate with what she has told me.

• journey-on
    journey-on

This doesn't make sense. Why would you even go out in service then? Isn't service supposed to be to recruit people? What would

you invite an interested person to? The Theocratic Ministry School? The Service Meeting? The Book Study? The members only WT study?

There's got to be SOMETHING for newly interested ones to attend that make a modicum of sense.

• JK666
    JK666

If this is true, I can think of a few reasons the GB may want to do this.

CONTROL: They want to control EVERYTHING that is disseminated from the platform. Maybe they have been unsuccessful in getting brothers to not ad outside information. Also this would mean that normally there would be no travelling speakers to spread uncontrolled information without Mother Org knowing about it. At assemblies and conventions, CO's and DO's can keep the lid on easier.

Also, MONEY! If that time is spent selling the rags, more potential for getting the almighty $.

JK

• minimus
    minimus

Realistically, interested ones cannot even have their own WT study article so why would it be unbelievable to conclude that they wouldn't be invited to a meeting that ONLY caters to believers???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit