Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

1-invite newbies to meetings.. 2-invite them to basic instruction..this is found in the public talk this will never happen..stories like this make "apostates" lose street cred

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

My guess is that any visitors to the stalls on Sunday's or Saturdays, will only hear the WT study in their own (public) version of it. Which will mean the WT conductor destructor will host the study in a babies milk version rather than as solid food. No growth. Good.

LINDA

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

minimus- yes..this is the first thing i have read thats inaccurate- they just shortened the public talks for the upcoming year..not cancelled them...... if i am wrong..i will leave this board for good if you are.......you leave...how is that for a bet??

• tula
    tula
    The CO visited my mom's congregation last night and said that Public Talks will be discontinued

Are you for real? No "public talks" means........a CLOSED PRIVATE CLUB. They are locking the doors to outsiders! They can now control who is allowed in and who is NOT! Next they will be telling them the "work is finished". The kool-aid party can't be too far away. This sounds like a preparation for something bigger.

Is this currently being announced to all the KH? Or is this to take place at a certain time in the future? When will this new facet be effective?

• 5go
    5go

This sounds belivable but one problem why did they just say the public talk will be shrunk to 30 minutes next year.

Though this would make sence for them to shrink the whole sunday meeting to 1 hour then force people out in field service.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

tula..this is not happening

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is it possible that your mother misheard or misinterpreted what was said? A shorter public talk to give more time for the field ministry? And the CO doing his usual spiel on how everyone has to go out there and do the work?

• Gregor
    Gregor

If this is true they will have accomplished what I thought was impossible - screw up a Sunday worse than they already have. By God, I'll quit and become an apostate!....oh... never mind

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Hey...now-a-days, anything is possible. Let's wait it out and see what happens. Maybe they think by restricting their attendance, will make people see a KH like Noah's Ark. Nobody else permitted in except JW's? NICE!

• 5go
    5go

Come to think of it the WT study version won't be for outsiders. So maybe they will do away with the public part and just have a talk. That way us apostates can't go because it is not open to the public any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit