Public Talks To Be Discontinued!!! (NOT! - see page 8)

by minimus 149 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Surely this would have been announced at the Annual General Meeting

• minimus
    minimus

Well, the CO did announce something!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

When it comes out in a WT or Letter to the Congregations, that I can read for myself, I will believe it.

• minimus
    minimus

Sweetface, I'd recommend that you don't believe the reports of the Annual Meeting since it ain't in print.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sunday afternoon service instead of football? I would fight them to the death if I were still in.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mini--

Is there anyone in your Mom's KH that you could talk with to see if something like this was said? You could use a "conversational tone" that would seem like praising the good work of the GB for this idea, blah, blah, blah....and see what reaction you get.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Minimus:

During the past 5 or so years that I have been lurking and occasionally posting, I have come to view your comments as "quality" stuff. I don't doubt for an instant that are reporting exactly what was said to you. I'm looking forward to reading what you come up with tomorrow.

Q

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

....rrrrrrriiiigggghhhhhhtttttt.....

not that I really care what the hell they do on Sunday or any other day of the week

...I am not going to the talk or the Tower study any more anyway....

...and I havent been in the field circus at all this year.....

maybe ...if true....this will push a bunch of the fringe people out of the cult....one can only hope...

i try not to waste too much life thinking about it..... yet i felt compelled to comment... go figure....

freedom smells beautiful

Snakes ()

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..That is frigg`n Wild!..Let us know when you have a conformation on this..It`s hard to believe,but the WBT$ has surprised us before...OUTLAW

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

minimus, I am not sure why Mike is trying to turn this into a posting ultimatum ("There can be only ONE!") but is there a possibility that your mom confused what the CO actually said?

It would make perfect sense to me for them to phase out Public Talks in all contexts except the heavily monitored ones at Conventions and Assemblies. From my understanding, up until Knorr, there was no "Society approved" outlined series of public talks other than those given by official representatives from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Why wouldn't they go back to that model and expect preaching to take primary focus? Especially now that they know the major growth comes from within anyway (i.e. growth from relatives becoming JWs).

That way they will have a fully closed system that still fools adherents into believing in its public nature by virtue of the preaching work.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit