Are some of us still judgmental and think ourselves morally superior?

by nvrgnbk 121 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mrs. jones, maybe it's different here where drinking is a way of life, but, that's not so uncommon at that age. i used to be alot like that. he will outgrow it. and if he is like me, telling him it's bad and he shouldn't be doing it will make him want to do it more. this is an issue for close personal friends.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    it'll get old quick.

Not necessarily. I know of one xdub who became alcoholic/drug addicted at around that age and didn't wake up til he was in his 30's. And I was the lesser of two evils; you shoulda seen her,.....;-)

I think it's good that ppl say "hey, watch out" but will let you make your own decisions, fall on your own and be there to help pick up the pieces, if needed. Better that than nothing, IMO.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah I think he needs something more than to just outgrow it. Read his last post.

Where is drinking not a way of life? Tell me please.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

mrs. jones, there are alot of places where drinking is looked down on heavily. ever heard of a dry county? i'm not trying to argue with you, i like you alot, just answering your question.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm not arguing either, I just think that not why he's doing it. I think his drinking is alot more than good ole boy stuff. More like drowning a whole lotta hurt.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    and if he is like me, telling him it's bad and he shouldn't be doing it will make him want to do it more.

That simply makes you a complete dumbass. That's right, you're a dumbass.

• changeling
    changeling

Bigdreux: I'm glad you outgrew your drinking days and that you have no ill effects from it. But surely you realize not everyone is so lucky

We are all aware that our advice probably fell on deaf ears, we were all young once and we know the "nature of the beast". But that does not negate that the advice is sound and for his good. Whether he chooses to listen or not is his choice, but the advice stands.

• BCberean
    BCberean

My youngest daughter is only 17...soooooo....that definitely affected how I respond to remarks that mention young girls.

I do feel uncomfortable somewhat about my reaction but I'm not sure 'where' my discomfort is coming from.

I think I will be more careful until I know myself better

Perhaps I should be concentrating on my own issues right now...until I am more confident about my ability to 'say the truth with love'

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

that's right john doe, i was. well, still am to a certain degree, but, i am my own person and no one tells me what to do. thanks for the compliment.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    That simply makes you a complete dumbass. That's right, you're a dumbass

Kinda judgemental wouldn't you say!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit