Are some of us still judgmental and think ourselves morally superior?

by nvrgnbk 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

I don't play banjo much anymore but I know this guy,......

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I wanna hear you squeel like a pig twitch.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

it'll never happen. besides, i thought you "morally superior" people didn't talk or think like that.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

er, hey twitch. that last post of mine shoulda had a at the end of it.

bigd, isn't all this posting stuff getting in the way of your drinking and wife beating? I mean, c'mon you gotta get your priorities staight here.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I have to say that as a teenager I also did somethings that I am not overly proud of, but Mincan's posts were different then just stupid teen stuff. His post is full of pain and anger. He talks of drinking to black out, suicide, only one person he cares about and he hurts that person. I do not judge him, I am concerned for him...period.

When anyone speaks of suicide you had better be paying attention. His age group has the largest suicide rate in the US. I always worry about those at such young ages see the cult for what it is. They do not even have the emotional maturity to deal with life, let alone possibly loosing everyone that you cared about. For myself when I walked away I felt like I was in purgatory. So if you thought anything was said in judgment of him, for myself it was said in deep concern for him.

Leslie

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

little drummer, apparently you haven't followed this thread, as i stated earlier, i don't drink. and, you moral zealots are usually the ones guilty of spouse beating. kind of like those loving elders in the cong.

• eclipse
    eclipse

ooohhh, score one for the bigD.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Y'all makin' me a lil nervus, rite bout now,....

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think it's done twitch, hopefully we can all be cool again after tempers calm. i have no problem with little drummer or john. just having some witty banter.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    little drummer, apparently you haven't followed this thread, as i stated earlier, i don't drink. and, you moral zealots are usually the ones guilty of spouse beating. kind of like those loving elders in the cong.

Naw man, I read both threads. I read that you don't drink like you used to. John Doe has already said everything to you on that subject and I can't improve on what he said. I've never been called a moral zealot before. Hmmm. Interesting. Let me try that on for a minute.....Nope don't think that quite fits. See, I don't have a problem with any attitude, thought process, or action that doesn't effect other people negitively. But...when people's behaviour starts making other people's lives misserable, then I have a problem. ____________________________________________ Heh, twich. Twang ta Twang Twang Twang Twang Twang Twang Twaaaang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit