Are some of us still judgmental and think ourselves morally superior?

by nvrgnbk 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yeah, but the hard part was deciding to leave the "h" out.

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    but the hard part was deciding to leave the "h" out.

I get that.

Nate

• Mary
    Mary

Dear Brothers Nvrgnbk and Warlock: I must stress I don't do things like that anymore and have confessed my sins to the elders who have admonished me not to give my mind over to Satan. As I don't want to end up as bird fodder at the Great Day of God the Almighty which should be here any day now, I can only guide you both to God's Word the Bible which says you should not combine wine + cheese, or wine + percocet, or (god forbid) wine + percocet + cheese = DISASTER.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I feel rather superior, but not judgmental. I realize not everyone can be like me

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*Sigh*

Just loved getting judged over using the word "totally". Hey whatever, go dude you rock for getting stoned out of your gourd then showing your a$$ at a DC. Hoohaw you rock dude *insert surfer dude finger sign here*

Whew! That felt good. I stand by what I said before.

Josie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ok.

Manchego.

A bottle of Nark's Spanish Rioja.

A few of Mary's percocet.

Warlock's ouija board.

A New World Translation, from Theodore Jaracz himself .

I'll be back in a few with a new religion.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Dear Brothers Nvrgnbk and Warlock: I must stress I don't do things like that anymore and have confessed my sins to the elders who have admonished me not to give my mind over to Satan. As I don't want to end up as bird fodder at the Great Day of God the Almighty which should be here any day now, I can only guide you both to God's Word the Bible which says you should not combine wine + cheese, or wine + percocet, or (god forbid) wine + percocet + cheese = DISASTER.

*hic*

Warlock

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Just loved getting judged over using the word "totally".

*pulling my hair out cause Josie thinks I'm judging her*

Nope. I'm not.

Glad you feel better Josie. And I'm glad you stand by what you believe in.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

This IS an interesting topic. (Some may call that a judgement ... teheheee ... so be it )

I didn't read ALL the comments regarding the drunk @ DC experience. But I did read the experience itself. I felt sad for the soul that felt compelled to do that because I detected pain underneath it all. That was his way of maybe trying to take back his power ~ that's just my arm chair pysch thoughts. And how may of us can remember wanting to take back our power from the bOrg or the people in the bOrg. There are many posts that I have read that my heart felt sad for the poster for the very same reason. Some the poster was doing something widely 'acceptable' and other times not. But it is all the same to me. (And specifically I watched one member become what seems to be very healthy even though for a while all the first topics I read him post seemed VERY self destructive.)

~ that's what I feel about that topic but I didn't write it on there because I didn't want to add salt to what already seemed like an open wound. I feel he will heal as we all seek to heal. He is just at a different stage in the journey and handling it his own way. ~

Now as far as THIS TOPIC, yes I read allot of post that SEEM to betray a superiority complex. Rather it is about specific (what people call) truths or non-truths or peoples behaviors etc. But I do realize that JWism is ingulped in being superior. You could not truly continue to be a JW if somewhere inside you didn't buy into the "your a bit more special then they (worldly) people are". That is one of the basics in my opinion even though it is not said out right. And what covers over superiority complexes?? Insecurities. Something that we all have in one way or another. But since we are here hopefully it no longer is the driver of our lives.

Soooo when I read posts that smell of superiority I try to understand where it may be coming from and not join in. But in my opinion seeing that most here are ex or active JW's it is very much to be expected as a bi-product.

My 2 cents ~ Smiles

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nice insights Smiles_Smiles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit