Are some of us still judgmental and think ourselves morally superior?

by nvrgnbk 121 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Ah, but laws are written and enacted according to the morality of society. In fact, public intoxication is illegal.

The battle between the rights of the individual and the rights of society is constantly at play in every action that happens. The collective judgment of people is not unimportant, and yet you seem to advocate a desire to go against the collective judgment of society based solely on the reason that it is society's collective judgment. Such a position, I contend, is asinine and representative of a dumbass mindset. I reiterate that last point; you, my friend, are a dumbass.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

so, i am a dumbass because i question authority. your right, our loving government knows what's best for us. HEY EVERYBODY,,JOHN WINS !!!!!!!!!!! I AM OFFICIALLY A DUMBASS.!!!!!! congratulations, well played.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

hey, the wts knows what's best too. i am grabbing my suit and running to the next meeting. thank you so much john for the enlightenment.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    John.....seriously are we on a bit of a steriod rage tonight???

What gives you that impression?

• changeling
    changeling

Ahhh, bigdreux gets the point....

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well, I'm off to work. Have fun folks.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

one more thing john, the collective majority used to think slavery was okay and women shouldn't vote.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've only read the first two and last page.

Seems like this thread has taken a turn?

If I were despot of this country there would be two laws.

Dont hurt anyone
    Dont hurt anyones property.

Do whatever else you want.

If you do hurt someone or something, prepare fore the worst.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    Are some of us still judgmental and think ourselves morally superior?

F#*K yes I am.

btw, I'm not joking. And I don't think it's a bad thing.

If I couldn't judge (fill in the blank), how would I decide (fill in the blank)?

I don't want to live my life in some figurative immoral, unprincipled mental wasteland that some posters here think is Okey-Dokey.

Woo Hoo! Let's smoke pot and get falling down drunk every night! Woo Hoo! Yuck, yuck, yuck. Gorsh golly gee. (cue banjo music from Deliverance)

So yes, I am morally superior to some. By definition. And proud of it.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yes, we are all aware smoking pot and drinking lead to banjo music. let us all bow our head in thanks for the loving rules bestowed upon us, and give jon and space for rent the loving recoginition they deserve, of showing us the true way to enlightenment, shut up and do as your told, may we never forget these precious gems of wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit