How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JGnat,

That is how I feel. I am a rational person. I am tolerant. It is not because of doctrinal reasons. I feel confortable with everyone here too. Nice people. I dont have anything against people. I just hope that they are happy. You cant undo waht is done. Hopefully science will come up with something in thefuture to take them off if people want to. Some of my loved ones have gotten tatoos and that has devasted me.

Not so many like the ones on tv, but enough to devastate me. I will never be able to accept it. I have nevers een it. It pains me. I am forced to put up with it but I am outraged.

Here is my point about the tlc show. THey shove the show in you face without a warning. After you see those guys with so many tatooos. It is too late you saw it. The damage is done. I just avoid the tlc channel altogether now. But I have flashbacks I do not want people to be allowed to harm themselves or to get tatoos or to mutilate their bodies. I think that the tatoo craze will wear out but not the tatoos.

• misguided
    misguided
    I like feeling whats under the tatoo

beautifully said...and so true for me...

Rose

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I have one tattoo on my left shoulder. I got it when I was in the army. It's a heart with a ribbon that contains my and my first wife's name. Now, I want to get one of a dragon on my other shoulder. Nothing huge, but there's one of a pseudo-dragon flying that looks so cool.

• Sam87
    Sam87

i really want to get ''APOSTATE"" tatoo'd somewhere, that would be cool i reckon

Sam87

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sam I had thought about that, but I would want it in bar code form.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner
    I do not want people to be allowed to harm themselves or to get tatoos or to mutilate their bodies.

As far as a tattoo goes...again I ask...Who areYou to tell Me or Others whether I can get a tattoo or not ? Why shouldn't I be allowed ? Just because you don't like them..or are "offended"...or even "outraged" ? Maybe I don't like people to dye their hair blonde....but that would be only temporary right ?

Maybe I don't like people who ski or skydive or do other extreme sports. Maybe I don't want them to be allowed to do that because they could get hurt and be disabled forever...or worse, be killed. Maybe I am offended, outraged that they would endanger themselves skiing. Should I have the right to tell them to stop or raise a big issue with them because I am offended ?

Of Course not...its not rational. I don't have to join them in their extreme sports or take risks that are not needed. I don't have to watch the extreme sports shows that just pop up on my TV screen without notice (except for the TV guide listing), I can simply change the channel or even turn off the TV altogether.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Again I ask the question;

Why does someone else, separate from you, maybe a stranger on TV having, or in the act of getting a tattoo, provoke such a strong reaction from you?Where does your revulsion originate?

• Mary
    Mary
    sam87 said: i really want to get ''APOSTATE"" tatoo'd somewhere, that would be cool i reckon

How 'bout on your forehead, just before you go through a tour of Brooklyn Bethel.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

How 'bout on your forehead, just before you go through a tour of Brooklyn Bethel.

I think thoms is rubbing off on you!!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I am a rational person. I am tolerant.

I don't think becoming outraged and disturbed when seeing someone with a tattoo qualifies you as either rational or tolerant. When tolerant people see things they don't necessarily agree with, they accept that they can't control everything and LET IT GO.

I am forced to put up with it but I am outraged.

Then why don't you move to Afghanistan. I'm sure tattoos are among the many things outlawed over there....like ummm....let's see....FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION?

Here is my point about the tlc show. THey shove the show in you face without a warning. After you see those guys with so many tatooos. It is too late you saw it. The damage is done.

Yeah I know what you mean. The just start the show at random points in the day. Too bad there's not anything like a TV GUIDE that tells you when it will be on. Dude, if your damaged by a reality show...you need professional help.

I just avoid the tlc channel altogether now.

We're all very proud of you.

But I have flashbacks I do not want people to be allowed to harm themselves or to get tatoos or to mutilate their bodies.

Flashbacks?!!! WTF is this? Vietnam? It's a freakin' tattoo! Again, I repeat....get thee to a therapist!

So what? Do you have major control issues in your life? Are you the kind of guy who pops a hernia if you find a piece of lint on your perfectly swept floor? Because that's the only reason I can imagine why you would be like this. You don't like tattoos, and it pisses you off that you can't control the world and the people in it. So you channel all your energy on this one little thing until it blows up into some psychotic obsession. I mean, when you start having FLASHBACKS from a tv show...there are other way more major issues at work here. You seriously need to reavaluate your life and accept the fact that yes, you can control YOUR life...but not anyone else's. And just let it go. Get out and live a little man! If you don't calm down, you might pop an artery or something. damn...

~luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit