How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

so... this is my attemt to lighten up the disscusion... lol

but also, fishyman, where does it stop? are you highly offended by my dreadlocks?

so anyway ladies... here's a blank canvas (my back) what'd ya think i should get tattooed on it? I've always envisioned having a picture of 2Pac on the lower left side loooking up, and something cannabis related of course (ya'll know how much I LOVE the Herb)...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    That picture isn't me !!!
    I have no tatoos.

Rats can't be tatooed. You'd have to be branded.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Please excuse the gross thought, but what would happen if a guy gains 200 lbs., then has a favorite tatoo on his belly, then later on has gastric bypass surgery, and then has a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin? Would he be able to have the surgeon cut out the tatoo and allow it to be preserved and perhaps framed?

• daystar
    daystar

leo

I recall reading about some people who specifically willed that, upon death, their tattoos be cut from their skin and preserved. I'm not entirely revolted by the idea.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    coolhandluke

I hate to single anyone out as an example of why not to do something, but your "Samurai" is really poorly done.

His armor is completely wrong from helmet to shin-guards and his armaments bear no resemblance to anything ever used in feudal Japan.

The katana-to has a curve almost resembling Damascus armament and the wakizashi is more of tanto length. It also has an incorrect shape. Anyone who practices Iai-to (or has ever seen the Tom Cruise flick) will notice the errors.

This is the problem with tats. He's got one that was badly done (at least in terms of artistic details and isn't that the whole point?) and now has to literally live with it.

Again sorry for pointing you out, but maybe it can help someone else.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I hate to single anyone out as an example of why not to do something, but your "Samurai" is really poorly done.

His armor is completely wrong from helmet to shin-guards and his armaments bear no resemblance to anything ever used in feudal Japan.

The katana-to has a curve almost resembling Damascus armament and the wakizashi is more of tanto length. It also has an incorrect shape. Anyone who practices Iai-to (or has ever seen the Tom Cruise flick) will notice the errors.

This is the problem with tats. He's got one that was badly done (at least in terms of artistic details and isn't that the whole point?) and now has to literally live with it.

Again sorry for pointing you out, but maybe it can help someone else.

Wow Luke! Now everyone will point and laugh at your historically incorrect tattoo.

Amos, why don't you draw a historically correct samurai for Luke, that way when he gets his other one done, it won't be such a mortifying experience.

For someone who apparently despises tattoos (such as you do) to judge the ''artistic detail'' of a tattoo.....that's kind of like someone who hates jazz doing a commentary on Billie Holiday. But this is America, land of the free...and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As someone who has spent many hours getting tattooed, seeing people get tattooed, and just looking at tattoos...I think it's a wonderful piece. Very detailed and very beautiful....but that's just my opinion.

~luv, jojo

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    so anyway ladies... here's a blank canvas (my back) what'd ya think i should get tattooed on it?

I dunno....but I'd sure like to lick it!

I've always envisioned having a picture of 2Pac on the lower left side loooking up, and something cannabis related of course (ya'll know how much I LOVE the Herb)...

Ummmm...that sounds nice too...

Can I lick it when your done?

~luv, jojo

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I dunno....but I'd sure like to lick it!

LMAO @ Kitty. Can I join in the fun? Give a few tugs on the dread locks while we are at it!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Please excuse the gross thought, but what would happen if a guy gains 200 lbs., then has a favorite tatoo on his belly, then later on has gastric bypass surgery, and then has a tummy tuck to get rid of the excess skin? Would he be able to have the surgeon cut out the tatoo and allow it to be preserved and perhaps framed?

EWWWW!!!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

OFG, here ya go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit