How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Re; "lower back" tattoos for women.....

Check with your Doctor and Hospital FIRST....It is VERY TRUE at the hospitals in our area.

"Conclusive studies" are one thing but Policies/Regulations/Health Laws can be different from one area to another.

Better to ask before you get the tattoo than to get in done and find out on the way into surgery/childbirth...whatever.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I really like my wife's small tatoo she has down in the "nether" regions ...

Rub a Dub

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I am honestly expressing my feelings here not my philosophical views. When I see people covered with tatoos or the advocacy of getting tatoos and tatoo public advertising as it was the most normal thing, it makes me react. I feel hurt. I feel sorry for the person with the tatoos and for his family. I do turn the other way and try not to see the programs but that is not always possible. AS, I have expressed there is no warning beforehand. They just shove it at you as it was the most normal thing. Years ago, a person might get a tatoo or two. Even though that offends me too. That is not so bad. But not the tatto craze that is sweeping the world. I am very hurt and offended. If someone was legally vulnerable, I would sue. I am going to send a notice to Ebay expressing my feeling. I have nothing against the people with the tatoos. I feel bad to see them like that. No matter how pretty a woman is, I am not attrected to her to the point of feeling repulsive. I cannot accept accept tatoos.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Fair enough. But why?

Why do you feel so strongly about tattoos? What is it about them that offends and/or hurts you?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The word "tattoo" comes from the Tahitian and Hawaiian words tata:u ~ kaka:u, which referred to the act of making marks on tapa paper or on flesh. When the missionaries came with books and who translated the Bible into Polynesian languages, the word also begna to mean "write". The Maori are well-known for their extensive tattoos, but the same is true with other Polynesian peoples. Here's a picture of tattooed Hawaiians in the 1820s:

The guy on the right has the epitaph of King Kamehameha the Great on his arm.

Anyone remember Angie from Survivor last year? I thought her tattoos were very beautiful and really contributed to her looks (just my own opinion perhaps):

No tatts for me, just not for me. Might lean more towards piercings if I wanted to go the body modification route.

• Warlock
    Warlock

How do you feel about tatoos? They are PAINFULLY applied..........................and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Warlock (I got mine sober)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

And where would you get the piercing if you got one? Just curious.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

teehee!

alt Here's my tattoo...it's my kitty, Bucky.

He's always ''got my back''. lol.

~luv, jojo

Can't really see it.....maybe there is a better veiw from the front!!LOL

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I can't wait to get my tat personally. I have wanted one for so long and now I will get one, when someone special goes with me to hold my hand

I agree fully with whoever it was that said "if you don't like tatoo's....don't look at them" That's it completely!!!! If I don't like seeing homosexuals kissing, I look away!!!! if it bothers you so much to see something, you pretend it isn't there. Obviously you won't be getting one yourself, but don't judge those of us who want one or already have one or more! It's not like people that have tat's are evil or that it will HURT you personally if someone else has them...quit being so judgemental! Many tatoo's are very beautiful and have meaning to those who wear them.

I can't stand people that say that something bothers them like this because it's so insignificant and it has no bearing on what you do in your life...does it?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I feel sorry for the person with the tatoos and for his family.

Why? You're not the person or their family. My boyfriend has a full sleeve tattoo, and his family still loves him. They don't turn away repulsed everytime he sits down at the dinner table. I seriously doubt anyone would want your sympathy. I know I don't.

I do turn the other way and try not to see the programs but that is not always possible.

No....it's very possible. It's called the off button on your tv.

AS, I have expressed there is no warning beforehand. They just shove it at you as it was the most normal thing.

What? You want us to walk around with a spokes person 20 feet in front of us shouting, ''Warning!!! Warning!!! Tattooed person approaching! Please hide all women and children!!! Please cover your eyes! Warning!!!'' I'm offended by raw onions, but they still serve them in restaurants.

Years ago, a person might get a tatoo or two. Even though that offends me too. That is not so bad. But not the tatto craze that is sweeping the world. I am very hurt and offended.

Why are you hurt? Why are you offended? We still work like everyone else. We pay taxes. We DO have feelings also. I'm offended when people like you judge me for choosing to decorate MY body however I want too. If I want to go tomorrow and just cover myself from head to toe with tattoos, well then that's MY RIGHT. You don't get very far in life being close minded....and if you do, you usually don't end up with many friends.

If someone was legally vulnerable, I would sue.

You might want to start with the Polynesians. It originated from their culture. Give it a shot!

I am going to send a notice to Ebay expressing my feeling.

Good. I'm sure they'll welcome your opinion with open arms.

I have nothing against the people with the tatoos. I feel bad to see them like that.

Don't feel sorry for me. I don't want your sympathy.

No matter how pretty a woman is, I am not attrected to her to the point of feeling repulsive.

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

I cannot accept accept tatoos.

I think we have established that.

good lord...

~luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit