How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Huh?

ha ha ha! omg

k, terry, see you around. peace-out.... praise Jah Rastafari!!

tetra

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

LOL!

I love it! bickering between tetrapod and terry. It's like the good 'ol days on jwd!

he he he ....you guys made my day.

• anewme
    anewme

I see Im entering this conversation late.
    I just wanted to voice my thoughts on this subject of tatoos.

I think people get tatooed after important changes in their psyche and thinking and to mark important times in their lives like deaths and births. The tatoos remind them of this great change in their lives.

I applaud all this marking of important changes in the human heart. Its all fascinating and wonderful.

I admire the tatoos I see. I once saw a man with a double headed cobra coming up his back and around the muscles of his back. I have never forgotten it....and have fantasized about it some.

People go through so many excruciating events and tormenting traumas and likewise periods of intense joy. They desire to celebrate somehow or mark the day in a lasting way.

I do not judge anyone who decides to get a tatoo.

I could love a person covered in tatoos. The wonderful miraculous human heart is inside that person.

• Terry
    Terry
    I love it! bickering between tetrapod and terry. It's like the good 'ol days on jwd!

he he he ....you guys made my day.

I like the word "bickering". It is old-fashioned, but, colorful (like me.)

I prefer, however, to think of it as tussling recherche.

• Terry
    Terry
    I do not judge anyone who decides to get a tatoo.

I could love a person covered in tatoos. The wonderful miraculous human heart is inside that person.

And your avatar is a lovely flower! The most evanescent of all beauties!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Don't have one, but I want one. Something in memory of my father. I would like to have Kat from Miami Ink do it.

• Frank75
    Frank75

Terry: "Uh hem, did I start this thread...or...did I RESPOND TO THE QUESTION ASKED? "

"You seem unable to focus."

"I don't care what people choose to do. I just responded to the topic question."

No buddy, you need to focus. I know it is hard for you to do this but try for a moment to stop thinking that the whole universe revolves around you.

The question posed is "How do you feel about tat(t)oos?" not how do you feel about the people who wear them. Albeit Fisherman's opening post shows he is of the same self righteous and prejudicial ilk as you or was just trying to be the talk show host getting the pot stirred!

My original post was in response to the opening thread too, as well as aimed at many posters such as yourself only if the shoe fit. Just because my random posting found itself under yours does not mean I was attacking you.

I mentioned some things that could be equated with Tattoo art and self expression and asked a simple question. You not only attacked my opinion but the question as well. A clear sign of a closed mind indeed.

Frank originally said, "Are you equally offended by those things too?

I only responded directly to you specifically in my second post because you cast flimsy aspersions to what I wrote, twit!

You are a self centered jerk for thinking otherwise.

Terry: "Quote me talking about a person's "flawed character". I seem to have missed that. "

You are an idiot with poor reading comprehension skills I wrote, "others have posited here that the tattooed person is manifesting some flawed character". That would be others beside you. If I meant you I would have said "You" like when I just said, "You are an idiot"!

I did correctly quote you saying that the problem was psychological in your vast wealth of knowledge on the subject of tattooed people even though you cannot spell the word tattoo correctly. Either can Fisherman. Perhaps I should start another thread on how people who can't spell should not be allowed to post.

Terry aka Jethro said, "I see the whole tatoo question as a bit more psychological."

Do you recall now?

Jethro, "Being neurotic has nothing to do with character."

And as for psychiatric pathology is concerned, many neurotic behaviors are classified as character flaws. Perhaps you could purchase and actually read a book, "Psychotherapy of Neurotic Character" By David Shapiro.

Frank75 "Plastic surgery, electrolysis as well as ear piercing would have been a better example to use. So therefore how do you feel about these persons based on the same principles? Can you express your sentiments to these persons since you lack the ability to single them out from the visibly identifiable tattooed person? "

Terry (Jethro): "Gee, you're getting all worked up over my tiny opinion. Makes me kind of wonder.......do you feel attacked?"

Golly! All I did was acknowledge your point, correct my comparison and ask you a question. That does not indicate a person who feels he is being attacked you ninny, however someone who does not respond to a question put in such simple terms is avoiding something. Who is feeling threatened, Terry?

Gotcha didn't I you pathetic weasel

Frank75: "There is only one question that you need to answer. Namely why would someone else do something that you would not? That requires empathy, something to be more esteemed as an asset than logical debate fundamentals.

Jethro, "Since your favorite pastime is context dropping I have to help you out here. First, my response was sought in the question attached to this Topic? You DO understand that, right? What you are actually doing is trying to deny me and others the right to disagree by labeling us with hateful speech while propping yourself up as a compassionate person. Ever hear of self-delusion?

Self delusion, that is a good one. Ever look in the mirror?

Your cognitive dissonance is baffling! I never attacked you personally, as I have clearly shown you were the one that specifically took offense to what I originally posted. This stupidity of yours has grown from there.

Cognitive Dissonance "discrepancy between what you already believe, and new information. It therefore occurs when there is a need to accommodate new ideas,"

You are just overly sensitive to people who have a different opinion, and people who sport tattoos. If you only expressed what it is about tattoos that you disagree with and left it at that, you would be justified in stating that you merely expressed an opinion. However you, Fisherman and some others attacked and took offense to the people, judging them with sweeping generalizations.

Turnabout is fair play. But again you started this by turning the attack on me and my counter opinion personally. Which you have not addressed by the way, nor will you likely any time soon.

I and others don't need your approval to express our opinion when you disagree. You need to lighten up and examine your own psychology. You sound like a very angry person. Take some deep breaths and try some refreshing self-analysis.

I am so obviously angry when I express my opinion about empathy, tolerance and classifying tattooing along with other perfectly acceptable human behaviors. Yes people like me must be angry about something, like when we objected to euthanizing the handicapped and mentally ill in Nazi Germany. We are just angry psychopaths!

Analyzing................. No sorry, there is no anger here, just disappointment in the logic created in the grey matter of people like you.....or lack of it!

I was sure that I left your intolerant type behind when I left the JW's. I guess some things die hard or dysfunction such as yours is just more pervasive than the typical cult mind set.

Frank75

• Terry
    Terry

I was sure that I left your intolerant type behind when I left the JW's. I guess some things die hard or dysfunction such as yours is just more pervasive than the typical cult mind set.

Frank75

What do you call two noids?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

uh oh, terry's up, and there's a thread about "body grafitti" and "permanent t-shirts".....

hehe, ;)

tetra

• Frank75
    Frank75

ha ha ha! terry's an anti tat lobby group all unto himself! .... man it cracks me up how seriously you take everything. well, i guess life is SERIOUS business. ha ha!

tetra

I may be the least serious person on this planet. I'm frequently told by my friends and co-workers that I don't seem to have a serious bone in my body. I'm light-hearted and like to laugh.

In print, and; especially here on JWD I present my rational side which is often in response to something irrational (as I perceive it.) I don't like to be misrepresented. I do defend my point of view against knuckle-draggers who create strawman nonsense and put it in my mouth.

That's about the only time, though, when I even SEEM serious.

Well I would say guilty! too. Go look into the mirror pal, you are in some serious denial.

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit