How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As a JW, I learned to be so judgemental. People's dress, grooming, lifestyle, tattoo, body piercing- all that was a reason to judge somebody. I would look at the women coming in the KH with flip-flops and think how inappropriate.
    The very first thing I noticed after I gave my elder resignation was that I stopped judging people automatically for what they said or wore or did. Now I recognize that I don't want a tattoo, but hey, what do I know about that other person? He is making a statement, if I want to learn what it is, I can ask him, or I can just accept him for who he is, same with other stuff.

Personally, I was in the military way back when, I went overseas, but I never got drunk enough to get a tattoo, but that's just me.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Why on earth would something someone else did to themselves (no matter how stupid) OFFEND YOU?!!

Get over yourself. Live and let live you know.

As for myself, I think tatoos are extremely stupid. I don't find any of them cool, even the cool looking ones. I love art and some are very nice artistic works. Isay put them on canvas.

Some little cute ones on girls ankles, or wherever, could be sexy IF THEY WEREN'T TATTOOS. I say do the same thing in a Henna design (that will last for a while but come off eventually) or use a temporary tattoo. That way you can have that cute sexy design but don't have to live with it forever (or at least until derma-abrasion).

A person in the store just yesterday told me she was getting a new tatoo of her mother that just died, and she had her deceased sister's name on her arm. Some persons like this like to memoralize their family, loved ones, or even (very stupidly) their significant others this way. I have never understood that but to each his own.

As for this craze you describe, its just what has happened you know. In time it will probably pass but there will likely be a small percentage of persons who get tats. In the future, maybe they will use tiny microscopically embedded (crystals, LEDs, beads, or some other material) that is capable of changing colors and hence the pattern or designs can be changed periodically.

I believe the human body (when kept in shape of course :-) is beautiful and not in need of any further adornment, so I don't care for tats, piercings or even heavy makeup. But that is just my view.

The way i look at it, the more stupid people get tats and piercings and what not the COOLER having a body that DOESN'T have any of these things becomes, since I become the one that stands out. :-)

But again, the only thing stupider than getting a tattoo is getting offended because someone else has them.

-Eduardo

ps: the only persons that I could see might find such a thing offensive are Holocaust survivors who have family members who have gotten a tattoo. For those survivors who were forcefully tattooed with a number, I could understand why they might be offended if a family member got one (though their reaction is emotional not rational). And likewise, some might get offended if family membersgot a tattoo due to their religious beliefs but that again is a special situation.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Fisherman u r funny, you need to do some stand-up!! You are joking.....right!?!?

Kerj.....out?

• rwagoner
    rwagoner
    I am going to send a notice to Ebay expressing my feeling

Ebay ?? Did I miss something ? Or is someone's foil hat just a liiitlle too loose today ?

• Caedes
    Caedes

I see they're letting the crazy people use the internet again.

Some people really need to get out there and experience the world.

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

nice Caedes...... I was thinking it, you said it.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

frankie....A belly ring (tho I'd need to shape up my belly if I want to show it off), for instance, I've always thought they looked nice.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

Will you let me see it when you get it?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

After my divorce, I went and got a cool one, well I think it is. Don't have a pic. But it's barbed-wire around my ankle, interwined with yellow roses. On each side is the State Flag of Texas!!

shell

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

You Texans always gotta remind us!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit