How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daystar
    daystar
    All of us with tatoos worship satan, and our heads spin around as we spew vomit at everyone!!!!!!!!

Damn, Buttlight! I want to party with you!!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Ones personal choice, period. I don't have any but my Daughter has many of them. I personally don't like them but to each his own.

Is it just me or does it seem more and more people these days are getting tat's? my only hope is, anyone who gets them does it because they truly want to and not because it's so popular right now. my feeling is, fad's come and go and it's much easier to change ones clothing or hair style than tatoo removal. I wonder if that line of work one day will explode. if not, Florida, Arizona and California will have some scary, tough looking senior citizens someday!

Oh I forgot, a tatoo's done in ones twenties will one day give way to gravity, a thought to ponder.. yikes!

In fairness, the artwork done most of the time is amazing and beautiful.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    Tongue in cheek baby, tongue in cheek.

teehee!

alt Here's my tattoo...it's my kitty, Bucky.

He's always ''got my back''. lol.

~luv, jojo

• daystar
    daystar

Jojo!! GASP!! So offensive to my fragile sensibilities!!! My eyes! My eyes!!! Please God, pluck them from their sockets!!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Damn Kitty, that must have hurt, mine is only 1/3 the size, and I wanted to die getting it done! Mine is on my lower back.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I feel very offended and distrurbed when I see people covered with Tatoos.

Why? Is it an assault on your eyes? Why not get mad at every crack in the concrete?

Now, when a young man (Richie) decides to go on a tattoo spree, I speak up. I mean, I understand the significance an individual tattoo, but to get them ALL in your twenties is just ASKING for regret. Because people change, values change, and they may not mean the same twenty years hence. I take the long view. Will these things be as significant to me when I'm sixty? What will it look like with the ink all spread out, faded, and stretched by gravity and bloat?

Of course, when you are twenty, sixty is an eternity.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Jojo!! GASP!! So offensive to my fragile sensibilities!!! My eyes! My eyes!!! Please God, pluck them from their sockets!!
    **pluck!** There ya go.

Damn Kitty, that must have hurt, mine is only 1/3 the size, and I wanted to die getting it done! Mine is on my lower back.

Like a sonofabitch! When I got up off the table, there was an outline of sweat where I was laying. At certain points, I could feel the needle vibrating in my shoulder blades....WHOOOOOOOO!!! What a rush! ~luv, jojo

• misguided
    misguided
    occult Secret Societies

I am the owner of a few tattoos. I have a butterfly on my back with the japanese symbol for "older sister" just beneath it. My sister, brother (still JWs) and my youngest brother (never baptized) all have the corresponding tattoos - "younger sister," "older brother," & "younger brother"...So I guess we belong to a secret occult society being siblings with matching tattoos. (geeze!!)

I have a rose on my lower leg, and a band with my kids' names (all 6 of them) going around my ankle. Near the rose is my newest tattoo, one that to me represented my freedom from the ORG, a hummingbird. The artist did a beautiful job on it - I got it around May this year.

Rose

PS...I've heard this is true, too...

ONE WORK OF WARNING TO WOMEN.....If you are a young woman you may want to think carefully about tattoos over your kidney or lower back area. My wife works in the surgical unit of a large regional hospital and many Anesthesiologists (sp) will not perform an (epidural ? / Spinal) whichever...many won't use that location for anesthesia during surgery if there is a tattoo there...like for childbirth.
  • kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    ONE WORK OF WARNING TO WOMEN.....If you are a young woman you may want to think carefully about tattoos over your kidney or lower back area. My wife works in the surgical unit of a large regional hospital and many Anesthesiologists (sp) will not perform an (epidural ? / Spinal) whichever...many won't use that location for anesthesia during surgery if there is a tattoo there...like for childbirth.

I've heard that's not true. I asked one of our friend's acquaintance's about that once (he works in a hospital) and he said he's seen plenty of women with lower back tattoos get epidurals.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/tatoos.htm

''Some women may have also heard that if they have a tattoo on their back, then they will be unable to get an epidural. Very few studies have been done on the risks that could exist for women who have back tattoos and receive an epidural. So far none of these studies have conclusively found any data that shows that there are risks, so most anesthesiologists have no problem giving an epidural to a woman with a back tattoo. If you want an epidural and have a tattoo on your back, it still would be best to contact the hospital and find out the policy in regard to tattoos and epidurals. ''

~luv, jojo

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I have a circular design on my right shoulder. I was in possesion of the original art for something like five years before I had it put on my skin. I have plans for more ink as I can afford it. I want to put my mom and dad on my back, something bicycle related on my leg, and a coffee-themed sleeve on my left arm. I have no plans to ink my face.

All this nonsense about secret societies and the mark of the beast gives me a headache. You want to know why we are all so interested in tattooing now? Read The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell. Trends spread from a very small group of outsiders trying to make themselves different, to the "cool kids" to their friends and so on until the trend becomes mainsteam and thereby acceptable. Hence, "Miami Ink" on the TV. Which is a great show about people, not tattoos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit