How do you feel about Tatoos?

by Fisherman 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

jgant, I do not take offense at what people belive or think. People are free to belive and think what they like,no?

THe US Supreme Court ruled in a landmark case: Metropolotan LIfe vs the WTS, to paraphrase the substance of that decision regarding door to door preaching " that people have the right to disseminate their views no matter how offensive those views seem, but such freedom shall not compromise people from feeling secure in their homes.." hence the law sets limits to freedom.

I also feel as the US Supreme Court, that there should be a limit to freedom. Although I do not take offense at views, I am however offended at conduct or acts that are against my feelings or principles.

Richie, I see that you are a young man, and as you have stated, your dad has tatoos so it makes sense to me that got them because your dad had them and more than that is just another step. Do you want your children to get tatoos?

I respect all posters here and I do not take offense at the posts on this thread. One reason why tatoos are so offensive to me is because they are so permanent.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Laser,

Of course tattoos are a fashion statement. People get them because that is what they feel represent them at that moment. So what's so wrong with making a statement? Nothing. People might judge them differently, as can be seen from some responses from this thread, but who are we to tell someone else what they can do or not do with their own body? If someone feels they want to cover their whole body in tatttoos, that's their decision.

Yes, the choice of a tatoo is an individual one, we have already repeatedly noted that. You also see that it is a peer influenced decision, which is my point. The issue is with the irreversibility of this fashion. It is not a fashion that will last 'at that moment'. Once stated, it will last for ever.

Labels are what stupid people make up to explain something they don't understand.

This statement is nonsense, dare I suggest stupid? I am sure you will agree when you actually think about it. HS

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

sorry those tats on women's small of their backs/lower backs are NEVER sexy. might as well just have an arrow tattooed with the words "Insert Here"

gross.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My Angler Friend:

Do you want your children to get tatoos?

To set the record straight, my father's tattoos are where I initially became fascinated with tattoos. I didn't get them just cause my father had them.

I don't have any children, and until I do, I don't know if they will be the sort that want tattoos. If I have a son and he's of legal age to get a tattoo and it isn't stupid in meaning or placement (i.e: knuckles, hands, neck, forehead) I will be the first one to encourage him. Now, if he or she wanted something I feel is stupid, i would strongly encourage them not to do it.

My father has no qaulms with my tattoos, but he sat me down and asked me to refrain from getting them in visible places. On the other hand, he has no tolerance for piercings of any sort, not even my lobes.

HS:

People get them because that is what they feel represent them at that moment.

If at any time these tattoos stop representing who I am, they will represent who I was. Some people aren't that proud of who they are, or who they were, but I, on the other hand, beg to differ.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    sorry those tats on women's small of their backs/lower backs are NEVER sexy. might as well just have an arrow tattooed with the words "Insert Here"

At least that would be functional. Some of us who were JWs for too many years may have trouble finding our way around.

W

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I know that many have directed questions or made expressions for me to answer. I am not ignoring anyone and although I have rsponded to some individual posts. I dont have the stamina to answer everyone. I hope to talk to evryone as time goes on in other of my posts or their posts or maybe even on this post.

Is everyone here with tatoos exjws? I find it hard to believe that an xjw will do this.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oroborus21-

gross.

Oh please. Sounds like a person who says a woman was asking for what whe got because her dress was short...Jeez. I have seen poor smucks who think a come on is a person licking bbq sauce off the lipw. So a tat and 'insert here' seem like a far stretch. Hell, I say that as a person who has nothing inserted there for quite a bit...and I have had a tat on my lover back/buttocks for near 10 years now.

If I want someone to insert here, I will mark the way in neon glow paint and turn out the lights. (true) A tat is just an expression of whatever you want it to mean. It liberates some and for others it is a sexy thing. Some rebel upon tatting and you know what? I think it is all good. Try loving people and all they do and see how wonderful we all are tats or combovers just like Donald Trump.

Do you see?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Richie,

HS:

People get them because that is what they feel represent them at that moment.

If at any time these tattoos stop representing who I am, they will represent who I was. Some people aren't that proud of who they are, or who they were, but I, on the other hand, beg to differ

Yes, I am sure you do, but that was not my quote you responded to.

HS

• Soledad
    Soledad

tattoos, piercings.......I love em all. I have 2 tattoos, one behind each shoulder, and I didn't get them in my 20s..I plan to get maybe one or two more. The other day I saw a guy on the train who had tattoos all over, up to his chin. It looked kind of scary at first, but I loved the defiance of it. This guy obviously doesn't give a crap who thinks what of him. I love that.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    tattoos, piercings.......I love em all. I have 2 tattoos, one behind each shoulder, and I didn't get them in my 20s..I plan to get maybe one or two more. The other day I saw a guy on the train who had tattoos all over, up to his chin. It looked kind of scary at first, but I loved the defiance of it. This guy obviously doesn't give a crap who thinks what of him. I love that.

I completely agree with Soledad's statement here. Maybe those who take such personal offense at what other people choose to do with their bodies are just personally unable to not care what society thinks of them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit