All white girls are.........

by Gill 122 Replies latest jw friends

• earthtone
    earthtone

Wow, this thread is a real eye opener. I see how some people really are....

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

When I was a JW I had a good friend who was 'mixed' somewhere down the line. I honestly don't remember where or how. Her husband was white. Lol, very white. His family was from Belgium or something like that. Anyhow, they experienced so many problems when they moved here from both sides.

They ended up having two little boys. They are the most beautiful boys. I miss her. She was always a sweetheart.

Point being to my post: I see the opposition for mixed race couples come from both sides fairly often.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    Jayhawk - A mixed child that is half black and half white for instance would not identify racially very well withmay experience racism from either side. Have you ever heard somebody say, "He ain't black enough..." I have. Have you ever heard a white person use the expression half-n!&&er?

Ooooh I get it. The mixed-race kid causes other people to be racist by his very existence. It's his fault, so he shouldn't have been born.

No that can't be it. What's your point again?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

moshe:

When my daughter was 13 a black boy was intersted in her. He came by after school often. I finally asked him one day "James , do you believe that Black is beautiful?" He replied "Yes"- I then told him, " Then, why don't you go find yourself a Black girlfriend?" He had the strangest look on his face and he stopped calling and coming by anymore..

I don't doubt it. The poor kid probably didn't even think in terms of black and white, and so was bowled over when you came out with a racist comment like that. I bet, looking back, you feel like a complete dickhead, huh?

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

As someone who has always been more attracted usually to white guys I can tell you that rascism come in all shapes, sizes and colors. There was even a time when I had to set my JW family straight regarding my right to be attracted to whomever I wish.

I am so sorry your family has encountered this. HUGS!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sadly many think that white people are racist - it is not always so and in fact some of the worst are non-white. The same applies in religion. I will not single any out but suffice to say some are worse than others

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

moshe:

When my daughter was 13 a black boy was intersted in her. He came by after school often. I finally asked him one day "James , do you believe that Black is beautiful?" He replied "Yes"- I then told him, " Then, why don't you go find yourself a Black girlfriend?" He had the strangest look on his face and he stopped calling and coming by anymore..

I don't doubt it. The poor kid probably didn't even think in terms of black and white, and so was bowled over when you came out with a racist comment like that. I bet, looking back, you feel like a complete dickhead, huh?

LMAO- I am so sorry but that just hit my funny bone.

Actually. Somehow. I want to be the poster kid here for mixed kiddos. I see all that has been said and don't really find much offensive. Personally, I am an equal oportunity laughist. I find us all funny. Even the extreme cases. I think with our limited or vast knowledge we really don't stand a chance when addressing anyone. The rules change so fast for what is politically correct or not. Tis truly a shame and truly funny if you look at it.

It becomes not so funny when you look around and see what people DO over racism. Genocide. Murder, even just the small sh**ty stuff tha happens everday. Name calling even. Just is sad. But as a human race. Well I find us damn funny.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

All I've stated is they may experience problems from either side, through no fault of their own. How does that make me racist?

Sassy, tell me the difference between a Hutu and a Tutsi? I could care less that you married a black man. Good for you, I hope the two of you are as happy as you could ever hope for. I'm saying it never worked out for me because of family pressure from both sides. That's the risk any mixed race couple can face. Unfortunately any children may also face similar problems too. That doesn't mean they will, nor does that mean they must, it only means there can be complications when mixing races.

Ideally it would be great if every person could see a person and not see their race, but in reality, that is not true. The truth is most people group together based on similarities, not differences. Are there exceptions to the rule, you bet, but I am speaking in generalities.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think racism is a form of ignorance, and unwillingness to accept differences in individuals as opposed to whole groups, just like sexism. I really do hate this kind of thinking, or should I say, lack thereof.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sparkplug said,

Well I find us damn funny.

Me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit