All white girls are.........

by Gill 122 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Funny thing is... as some of my friends on here know I've just been on a tour of the US and as a lone traveller I talked to all kinds of people. I've been so chilled and had such a great time literally wandering around America and a bit of Canada, but only literally 5 minutes ago, I went to the shop and had some kid in my own neighbourhood pull a knife on me. Just some drunk stupid kids. I phone my girlfriend, and she says, "it's single parent kids... that is what",

I guess I'm learning something to blame the crime around here on, single parent kids. Am I prejudice already?

But believe me guys, the black man I met in Central Park who came right up to me and said "I just got out man, help me out man!", was not as least as scary as the single parent kids in this area who's only role models in life exist as a criminal on a playstation.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Try telling that to the aboriginals

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ironhead, I understand your coming here to free yourself of JW crap. That's great. As far as JWs lurking and laughing, ask yourself, "Is the Watchtower free of racism?" I've experienced racism in JW land. One of the two black women I dated was a JW. We dated while I was still a JW. Her family didn't like me because I was white. They convinced her to break it off with me. It is just as well, because 2 years later I had enough of that religion.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Funny thing is... as some of my friends on here know I've just been on a tour of the US and as a lone traveller I talked to all kinds of people. I've been so chilled and had such a great time literally wandering around America and a bit of Canada, but only literally 5 minutes ago, I went to the shop and had some kid in my own neighbourhood pull a knife on me. Just some drunk stupid kids. I phone my girlfriend, and she says, "it's single parent kids... that is what",

I guess I'm learning something to blame the crime around here on, single parent kids. Am I prejudice already?

Are you prejudiced already? On current evidence (as I know it) yes.

Remember that correlation is not causation. And you can't say that all kids will commit crime if they are from single parent families. Also to identify that single factor is probably giving it too much importance. And there will be other people who commit crime who are not kids from single parent families. So to blame all crime on them is prejudiced.

If you were to say, a kid from a single parent family is statistically more likely to commit crime, that wouldnt be prejudiced, because (hopefully) you know of actual data that backs this up. But (I assume) you know of no evidence that all crime in your area is commited by single parent kids, so to blame it on them would be an example of prejudice (a preconceived notion that is not based on reason or actual experience).

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I'm not lowering myself Chiddy. I said sorry for calling you a bigot after hearing your explaination.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

No I agree Jayhawk the Wts isn't free from racism, my wife had it from black sisters. I felt like slapping them.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Mixed race relationships i e white Caucasian/ afro Caribbean always end in tears I'm afraid to say, endless problems to contend with

Chiddy, I know a guy whose dad was a White Jamaican and whose mom was a Black Jamaican. I going to send this question to him to see if he agrees.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Remember that correlation is not causation. You can't say that kids will commit crime because they are from single parent families. Also to identify that single factor is probably giving it too much importance.

I guess that I am admitting that finding causation for something is an easy and tidy if we blame a whole group. Kinda neat isn't it to put things into little envelopes. This is because of that, and that because of this. Part of the beauty of life is it's amazing complexity, and the closer you look at individual circumstances, the more detail you find to explain the end result.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    Part of the beauty of life is it's amazing complexity, and the closer you look at individual circumstances, the more detail you find to explain the end result.

Well put.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Great comment ballistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit