All white girls are.........

by Gill 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I really hate to be such a downer but I can tell you from my experience.....that people are gonna think what they want no matter what is told to them! There IS no magic thing to say to open her eyes or to make appeal to her common sense about this.

The best thing is to on with any plans they might have...and let this woman know she is included if she wants to be....if not.....then the loss as all hers.

Sometimes people can change their minds when they can SEE for themselves that THEY were aparently wrong in how they felt. Other people will stubbornly go to their grave with views that are incorrect.

If she stays in Africa.....it may be the best thing for everyone concerned! Sorry to be so harsh...but it's how I feel.....having dealt with bigots for years!

BTW....I wish the best of luck to this couple,

hugs,

Annie

• chiddy
    chiddy

Mixed race relationships i e white Caucasian/ afro Caribbean always end in tears I'm afraid to say, endless problems to contend with

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

What a person feels as a result of the way they were raised, or the way they think, is not a bad thing. To challenge those beliefs with knowledge and experience is something of a challenge, but can be accomplished, and can achieve good results.

Yes this mindset can be changed. But what still remains the same is the fact that it is not right from the start. The original way of thinking is skewed. Because what if someone were raised a Nazi? Yes, they were raised this way but when someone becomes an adult they can deal with life for themselves. It is now there responsibility and they can no longer lean on "Well, that's the way I was raised."

So I agree it is not "villainous" as long as this person with that upbringing keeps an opened mind. We're all allowed to have our opinion as long as it's not hurting others.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Thanks, Moomin!

I agree with you, Sunspot. That's reality. She may act repspectful in the future, but it doesn't mean she will ever feel that way. Gill, you can continue to be the one to support them--nevermind her!

Lots of families (white and black) have their own picturesque imaginings on what they're childrens marriages/relationships are going to be like, and they usually dont like it when the image doesnt come true.

Yes. I've caught nothing but hell for being American (a half-white one at that ) rather than Guyanese. Never again.

But ya know what? I just love seeing a black woman with a white man. Something about that just tickles me. And some black men have a problem with that! Maybe the same ones who are chasing after white women?

Me, too!

• moshe
    moshe

When my daughter was 13 a black boy was intersted in her. He came by after school often. I finally asked him one day "James , do you believe that Black is beautiful?" He replied "Yes"- I then told him, " Then, why don't you go find yourself a Black girlfriend?" He had the strangest look on his face and he stopped calling and coming by anymore..

• chiddy
    chiddy

Moshe , i could not have said it better!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Mixed race relationships i e white Caucasian/ afro Caribbean always end in tears I'm afraid to say, endless problems to contend with

From experience, I agree with this statement. I loved both black women I dated, but it is a very difficult relationship to have. Also, there is something to racial identity too. Children that are mixed racially can't identify well with either race.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Children that are mixed racially can't identify well with either race.

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!

• chiddy
    chiddy

I'm afraid to say jayhawk is 100% correct, mixed race kids cause alot of trouble as well.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

CHIDDY, JAYHAWK, MOSHE:

YOU ARE RACIST. PERIOD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit