Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon
    Well, here's another reason to not love this new site.

I don't have the resources that Facebook et al have to test every browser and device to ensure a smooth launch. Glitches are inevitable especially when it's newer technology and more obscure browsers.

The post processing is done on a backend machine via a queue so may not happen immediately (it's 'async' to those in the know). Because of this, the client needs to be notified when the post has actually been processed and it opens a push channel to do this - it's possible that the Kindle doesn't support this but also possible that there's a bug - I did fix something this morning related to the channel token expiring.

If the post has been submitted and it's queued then you don't have to wait - it will appear once it's been processed - I will look at adding better error handling and a timeout so it can stop waiting if it get's stuck or at least let you know differently (if the browser doesn't support it)

We'll work through the issues and I'll try to address as many of the compatibility issues as I can.

• millie210
    millie210

Hey Safe,

At the top of this thread you will see the title "PLEASE POST FORUM FEEDBACK OR QUESTIONS HERE"

Directly under that on the right you see the pages 1,2,3, and so on.  Now look to the LEFT and you will see similar boxes numbered 5. 10. 20

Click on 20.

That will enable you to see more threads per page and get rid of some of the cluttered feel.

• baltar447
    baltar447
    Remember, Kindle uses the Amazon cloud caching so this may be an issue.
  • Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis
    Thank you, Simon.
  • ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

I am not reporting any problem, just trying to get the feel for the new changes so am using this topic to play around.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their favorite forum.

Etta

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Hmmm ... that ice photo is a paste from an image on my hard drive.  So -- no need to upload to Photobuck et al. That is good news.

Etta

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Simon,

Before the change over there was a feature to tell you how many posts you had made in the last 24 hours and how many you have left.

Are you going to have this feature still?

I liked it.

Kate xx 

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The new forum is very different to the old which many of us were used to. Like many new layouts, once we get used to them we often prefer them.

Thank for all your hard work Simon and Happy Christmas.

• millie210
    millie210

Just a thought...

is there anyway to shrink the right side column so that the actual posting field can take up more of the space on a page? 

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Many thanks, Simon, for correcting the forum text that I mentioned earlier, it makes me happy that I could contribute in some way.  I just wanted to let you know that you missed one line:

Discuss anything Jehovah Witness, JW.org or WatchTower society related

is missing the "'s", and there's a couple capitalization issues. My suggestion would be:

Discuss anything Jehovah's Witness, JW.org or Watchtower Society related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit