Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol
    It will take some time to get used to the new looks, but that's normal after such a change. Just want to say THANK YOU to Simon, for all your work and effort. Much appreciated!
  • Simon
    Simon
    'quote' button. Ah, thank you.

There should now be an easier to use quote button on the toolbar, I used it for the above ... it toggles quotes on and off.

It will take some time to get used to the new looks, but that's normal after such a change

(I just wanted to use my new quote button again ...)

Change is always unpleasant. The cosy familiarity is gone and we feel lost and confused. It's not going to be perfect - there will no doubt be many bad ideas and things that need to be perfected and tweaked but the main thing is that it's a better foundation to build from.

The old software and the technology it was based on made me leery of investing much time in it. The new system is much easier to update and based on more modern fundamentals that are also preparing for new changes in browser technology etc...

The cloud capacity is just gravy.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Testing.  

:)

Edited to add:  Thank you Simon for providing this place.  There are not enough words to describe what has given many of us, but here are a few:

• a voice
    • an opportunity to meet others during a particularly rough journey
    • a chance to learn from others who are on the same journey

Thank you again.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    I guess I am in the minority when I say I really do not like the new site. Before it was easy to see the latest topics and a list of active topics which I always checked first. This site was one of the first I became acquainted with after so long out of being a JW, partly because it was so easy to navigate. Guess maybe I just don't get it, but I think this new format is not user friendly at. Shame too, I am not so eager to check in here several times a day as before, mostly because I can't find anything.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Simon - I noticed that the first  time i came to this site today I had to log on again.  Last night I closed out and came back on without signing on, but first logon today I had to sign in.
  • baltar447
    baltar447
    Finally figured it out. Lastpass had some extra blank characters in the password field (idk why it ALWAYS worked before). So I'm all set.
  • millie210
    millie210

I dont like it as well either Safe but I dont think we are the majority.

This site has some bells and whistles but is extremely difficult for a novice.

If you set your VIEW POSTS to 20 it makes it a little better.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Well, here's another reason to not love this new site. I posted my comment on my Kindle which I use 75% of the time about 10 minutes ago. It is still showing a circle going round and round saying it is Queued for processing??  I get on my desk top, where I had to sign in again after having signed in about 1 hour ago, and see my comment has been posted, but I am looking at my Kindle going round and round and round. WTF?
  • Simon
    Simon
    Before it was easy to see the latest topics and a list of active topics which I always checked first

There is a link at the top to the active topics which should go to:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum?sort=updated

Finally figured it out. Lastpass had some extra blank characters in the password field (idk why it ALWAYS worked before). So I'm all set.

Ahh, good to know - I don't trim spaces on the password entered so that maybe it. The password field is now much longer so should support machine generated keys.

I'm also going to allow people to sign-in in with existing accounts (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter) so they don't have to remember yet-another password and email combo.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    OK Millie, what is VIEW POSTS and how do I change it?  This thing should have come with instructions. Not everyone is tech savvy.  And yes, my Kindle is still doing circles, guess I won't be able to post from it? Crazy, it's what I use most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit