Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Oh dear.  My unread PM count went from 0 (correct) just this morning to 22.  Looking through my inbox, a lot of old, read PMs are now marked as unread.

Also, the bug seems to be back where I get stuck on "Queued for processing", though currently I am in Firefox in Windows.

Finally, the whirligig that goes round and round for the current step in the posting process seems to have palsy.  it vibrates noticeably as it turns.

• Simon
    Simon

I may add a "mark all read" option for the PM so save people opening every one.

The delay while posting was due to me doing some experimenting with the backend processes which caused a lot of instance re-starts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon!..

Are you going to put the "Views" back up?..

It was cool to see how many people viewed a subject,although they may not have posted on that thread..

I really like being able to size pictures..

No more over sized or tiny pics to deal with..It`s really a nice feature..

Is the letter colouring working?

Regardless of what colouring I use for a caption,it comes out Black..

It reminds me of the old Ford cars..

You could order a Ford in any colour you wanted,as long as it was Black..LOL!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Search terms that include quote marks (") cause a Server Error.  I guess this means we can't do phrase searches?
  • steve2
    steve2
    Thanks so much Simon. I was overseas when the changeover occurred and could not remember my password to sign in so it was interesting logging on but having no facility for responding (I have my password secretly written down at home). So now I'm home I've signed on and love the new format - I find it easier to navigate. Thsnks again. 
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

So far it seems to take a little longer, after doing a response the 3 steps then rerouted back, it felt almost instantly on the old system.  

And will take a little getting used to. Active topics are reversed now,used to be working your way from the last page back, now the updated are the first page fwd. 

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

How do the like/dislike buttons work? I have tried a click a couple of them and nothing happens.

I will say though the updated design looks way more modern and I love that we can change our avatar and post pics straight from our computer. Thanks Simon!

-TE

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OUTLAW!

Good to see you but I miss Mutley.

Coloring shows up in the reply box but does not transfer to the final post :( The highlighting seems to work, though.

• Simon
    Simon
    So far it seems to take a little longer, after doing a response the 3 steps then rerouted back, it felt almost instantly on the old system.  

It is actually a little slower than it should be because of how I have the backend configured - the reason for the delay is because the processing may take some time - storing / grabbing and resizing images, full-text-indexing content etc... so it's designed to cope with delays. It will speed up when I have some other things finished and am not overloading the backend process with other tasks.

And will take a little getting used to. Active topics are reversed now,used to be working your way from the last page back, now the updated are the first page fwd.

Yeah, at least "the top" is now the top ... and not really the bottom. It also avoids the annoying orphaned posts when it goes onto a new page.

How do the like/dislike buttons work? I have tried a click a couple of them and nothing happens.

I need to add some feedback to the click but the votes are recorded.

Coloring shows up in the reply box but does not transfer to the final post

I must have something missing from the whitelist of allowed attributes.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It would be nice if you had the choice of going to the last page of a thread, instead of only going to the first page, making it a two step process if you have already read the older pages. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit