Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon

Well, the switchover happened - there were a couple of things I had to fix which meant the posting was disabled for longer than I planned but it's now enabled and some people have already posted.

If you have any questions about the new format or suggestions on how to improve it, please post them here.

If you are having trouble signing in or posting then you'll need to email me instead.

Many thanks to everyone for their patience during the changeover !

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience
    Thank you Simon!!!
    I'm loving it already!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Simon.  Thank you for the work you put in to make this site available.  It has helped to change my families life!

Works great on the i-Pad.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    Nice new forum ... just some feedback, on signing in it asks for your email and password. I was unable to sign in using my email, though I could do using my username in the email box.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Like wise, i was unable to sign in with email but user name worked fine!  Im sure everyone will figure it out.  All functioning smoothly otherwise 
  • Simon
    Simon

Yes, I added the username sign-in last minute and didn't think to update the label for it. I'll add that to the todo list.

The flag option also wasn't wired up so apologies if anyone used it - that should be working now. It would be most helpful if people used it to alert us to people violating the posting rules and not for differences of opinion (unless someone is being aggressive or insulting). The like / dislike links will capture your opinion of a post - ideally to indicate the most / least valuable comments which can then be used to promote the best topics with the most interesting posts.

We may have some 'post of the week' and 'most controversial' awards at some point depending on how it works out.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It let me refresh my gravitar!  X10 better in my book already :)
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Are we going to have a button for emoticons or is that feature gone or do we have to write it out in code form like ;) ?
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    How do you get to the place where you can find the topics you posted on?  I clicked on something can't remember where it was since I'm typing this and saw the alphabet, I think it said Users, clicked on S. gave me a list didn't see my name so I clicked next for the next batch of names but it went to all instead of showing users that name starts with S
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just beginning to click my way around.  I tried to view my PMs, and I got this bizarre survey that was preventing the rest of the page from displaying until I completed it (the black box is to protect the identity of someone I am having a private conversation with, so just ignore that).  Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: Just went back there and the survey is gone, at least for now.  Can you tell me what the -5 means by the PM icon? I don't have five unread PMs (or any, for that matter).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit