Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Viviane
    Viviane

think the private mode will not save your settings Viviane. Or else it could be the cookie for this site needs to be deleted as it may be corrupt.

I am pretty sure private browsing will delete everything, that's why I suggested tying to the profile.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes, preferences are currently stored in a cookie - I have plans for a more comprehensive user-settings page to house all options and link them to the profile but right now if you don't save cookies, you don't keep settings.
  • QC
    QC
    I can't send any PM's. 

1. click PM target avatar (or hover mouse),

2. click "message" link, (or inside profile click "send a message." 

3. when message box appears,  

send a message

Done

If that doesn't work, install Chrome. Try again.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Every time I log in. The site freezes up.

Sometimes I will be told there is a long running script on the site and to stop it by checking the box.

Other times I just cant get in.

Logging in for me is like surfing on face book, Looking at 20 famous stars and how fat they got, or where is spanky and our gang today. The ads or long running scripts make navigation impossible.

If I persist opening multiple browsers then I will get a notice internet explorer stopped working looking for solutions, When it cant find a solution I get a prompt to close internet explorer. When I close internet explorer then it reopens again and I can get on to this site.

It takes a lot of work and determination.

• Simon
    Simon
     I will get a notice internet explorer stopped working

There's your problem ...

Seriously, I am trying to make sure things work with all modern browsers including IE 10/11 - if you are on one older than that then all bets are off. You would be advised to upgrade anyway just to be secure online and have a better browsing experience.

Windows 7 went end-of-life today ... if MS don't support their old stuff I don't see why I should. Lots of other sites are getting to the point of not caring about old browsers. It's nothing personal, they just consume a lot of resources and not too many people continue to use them from a traffic perspective so it's hard to justify spending too much time on them.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have internet explorer 11

Is there anything newer? 

• suavojr
    suavojr
    Is there a function where I can switch to look at the topics as thumbnails? I don't like the feature where my screen is just filled with the opening comment. Other than that, everything is good.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I have internet explorer 11
    Is there anything newer? 

No, IE 11 should be good - maybe try disabling plugins but I'll try to do more testing.

Is there a function where I can switch to look at the topics as thumbnails? I don't like the feature where my screen is just filled with the opening comment

Look for the "Snippets" option and set it to None. It's not very well described right now ...

• Viviane
    Viviane

Yes, preferences are currently stored in a cookie - I have plans for a more comprehensive user-settings page to house all options and link them to the profile but right now if you don't save cookies, you don't keep settings.

I figured as much. Such are the trials of private browsing.

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast
    I would like to have my profile/account closed or removed. What do I need to do to have it removed? I am having trouble sending you (administrator) an email. Please advise. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit