Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Have to make a separate post for an issue I just noticed. I see you added a quote-style button to the main toolbar, which is great.  Unfortunately I cannot get the style to "turn off" in the way that it used to work on the old forum.  Normally I could click the button again and it would remove the styling from the line I was on, and I could continue typing in the plain style after that point.  The new button doesn't seem to work that way.  All new lines created after invoking the quote style will get the quote style applied to them, and selecting the quote-style text and hitting the quote-style button doesn't undo the style.
  • Simon
    Simon

It's supposed to toggle and is working for me. It's my first go at customizing that editor so there maybe something I haven't got quite right.

Thanks for letting me know.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword
    nice look! :)
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but paragraphs don't seem to happen for me in PMs (this is my first post since the switch, do I guess we'll see if it's a problem here, to)

I had this problem using chrome for android, but I'm not sure if that's related.  I got a PM from someone else, and they had the same problem (they sent another one apologizing for it)

So this should be paragraph #3.... let's see how it goes.

• Simon
    Simon
    I know what that is. The 'html' in PMs isn't rendered as HTML to protect against people tracking identities etc... but it needs to add the line breaks back in to keep it looking right.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I can sign in with IE 11 but there is no option to remember my password and username

so I have to sign in every time I come to the Web site.

In the old format I could just choose JWN from my favorites and I would automatically be signed in.

And yes I lowered my security level within the browser itself to retain cookies.

I can see this eventually becoming a determent for people coming to the forum in the long run. ??? 

Another thing I should mention to Simon is that for some strange reason whenever I make a post in IE11

and click Post Reply, the posting just hangs in the process never actually make the post confirmed .

If I then click on active topics the post does appear as normal though  ???? 
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

IMHO "Users" are not working correct.

For example:

I click on the letter "b" and some users (correct with letter b) come up.

Then I click "next" (think it means next page) and strange results coming up and on top it ist marked "all" (lost my letter "b").

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, there is a caching issue - the prefix needs to be included in the cache key.

BTW: I just updated a new version which I'm hoping should improve client-side rendering performance, esp if you are on a slightly lower powered device (e.g. mobile).

I'll monitor how it goes and roll-back if it doesn't improve things or causes any problems.

• Simon
    Simon
    Test post using IE
  • violias
    violias

Simon,. you are a mircle worker, I am in IE 11 and it was a breeze to sign in and I am posting.  My Chrome made me add Ace box and now it is acting weird and it keeps making me re add it.  I like IE so much better. 

Thanks so much. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit