Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    WOW JW. org is wonderfull  Can I now order my JW.ORG head scarves Tie  pin and book bags now?
  • Simon
    Simon
    Are we going to have a button for emoticons or is that feature gone or do we have to write it out in code form ...

Yes, for now it will convert regular smiley codes into images and you can also use the ones at http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/

When I get chance I'll possibly add something to the editor so you can include the old smilies and won't have to remember the codes. I also want to give the option of seeing the text if you are on a mobile phone for instance so things load quicker and it doesn't use so much bandwidth.

How do you get to the place where you can find the topics you posted on?

I don't have that exactly yet but it's on the TODO list. Right now you can view the topics you started or the stream of posts. Topics you have participated in will be soon.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The images and YouTube embeds in this thread look like this:

In other words, all the images are unscaled and YouTube loaded in like 1080p for some reason. I'm in Firefox on a Mac.

• Simon
    Simon
    I tried to view my PMs, and I got this bizarre survey that was preventing the rest of the page from displaying until I completed it

Yes, that is expected - it's something I'm trying out but should be no more than about 1 per month max. 

Can you tell me what the -5 means by the PM icon? I don't have five unread PMs (or any, for that matter).

Yes, it means the unread message count has got out of sync - probably as things are imported then read on one site. I'll run a job in a day or two to fix them.

For the time being you just need to do the math in your head. =5 is 0 so if it shows -4 you have a new PM :D

• Simon
    Simon
    all the images are unscaled and YouTube loaded in like 1080p for some reason. I'm in Firefox on a Mac.

Thanks - I'll do some testing. The images and videos should fit perfectly and be responsive / use the new html5 player (so mobile friendly).

There's a good chance there are some bugs, especially with how it tries to resize for retina resolutions.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Thanks Simon.
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

This isn't a new issue, but while you're feverishly changing things, can I please convince you to fix the way "Watchtower" is written?  The name of the old Pennsylvania corporation is "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society", which is where we get the acronym "WTBTS" or "WTB&TS", but the NY corp. is written "Watchtower Society of New York", and the magazine is "The Watchtower", and this is the most well-known method of writing it.  It's never written "WatchTower".

I've taken the liberty of correcting the language in the copy-paste below, as a suggestion for you. I made the "WatchTower"s into "Watchtower"s except where the full name of the Pennsylvania corporation is used and it's supposed to be "Watch Tower". This is not intended as nitpicking; I just think it looks a lot better this way. The full list of changes is:

- "Jehovah's Witness religion": "religion" should not be capitalized

- "Are you people 'The Watchtower'?": removed capital 'T' and space before '?'

- "as governed by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society": separated "Watchtower" into "Watch Tower" because the acronym that follows is based on this six-word variant of the name, used by the Penn. corporation

- "join today!": removed space before '!'

- "Discuss anything Jehovah's Witness": the "'s" was missing after "Jehovah"

- "or Watchtower Society related": un-capitalized 'T' in "WatchTower", capitalized "society"

- "Watchtower Society / JW.org | Watchtower": uncapitalized 'T' in "WatchTower"

As seen here:

Welcome to the Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum

Discuss the Jehovah's Witness religion or just make new friends!

Are you people 'The Watchtower'?

No - we're an independent community site offering support for both current and former Jehovah's Witnesses and anyone else who has been affected by the beliefs, doctrines and practices of the Jehovah's Witness religion as governed by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society.

We are not affiliated with the WTB&TS in any way and we take your privacy and security very seriously doing our utmost to protect your identity and provide a friendly, tolerant and informative environment where you can ask questions, share information and make new friends. Membership is completely free and anonymous so why not join today!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    By the way, please don't feel badly if it seems like I'm reporting a lot of glitches, Simon.  It could be worse. I just went to jw.org and it's in Japanese for no reason.
  • Simon
    Simon
    No worries - I appreciate all the feedback, it helps to improve things.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Nice job.

I noticed that when I click on my username, it shows a much few number of posts and topics than I actually had. Is this because it's still synchronizing to the cloud? (Mine currently says 11 posts in 0 topics)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit