Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon
    When clicking on the Original link for the topic is shows the page not found.

Ah yeah - that was to go back to the same topic on the original (JWN) site which is now gone - thanks for letting me know!

I'm glad it's so easy to push updates to the new site. Google App Engine is awesome. It even lets me run multiple versions of the app at the same time to test a version out before switching it live or gradually ramping up the traffic to compare performance.

Nice to get all these little issues ironed out, I'll be able to focus on the major issues tomorrow (any sign-in and posting problems people are having).

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

So far so good Simon I'm starting to like this new format.

I know you've been working on it for some time now  ........... Thanks

I'm sure once all the bugs are fixed the majority of people will like it too.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Test photo , a direct link url from PhotoBucket

• Simon
    Simon

Oops, I realized I switched the lazy-loading image library I was using and didn't add the customizations I had implemented. There is support for requesting resized images from the client so the version loaded can be optimized for the device (e.g. smaller one for cell phone, larger for 4k retina mac).

Dang, something else to do ...

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Thanks, that should be fixed in the next update. For now, just click your name and go to the public profile page everyone else see's and those links work, e.g.
    Thanks!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Im also digging the ablity to choose how many posts/threads i see per page. I turned previews off and bumped it to 20 per page and im feeling like im getting something done here!  Definitely  nice to be able to customize :)
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't fret Simon it will come in due time.

Sometimes people don't realize just how much work you put into this forum and act as a moderator.

I surprises me to no end. 

Do take a break once in awhile will you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Test url copy from YouTube

Using just paste into the edit box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LaJDOD5cJI

or by using the add link in the menu editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LaJDOD5cJI

• talesin
    talesin
    :clap:  thanks, Simon.
  • millie210
    millie210

Just wanted to say thanks for everything Simon!

I cant imagine all the work you have put in to this.

You are much appreciated! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit