Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon
    Good work. I was wondering if anyone else has mentioned any problems with the search function (I get a "Server error" on a blank page.)

Yeah, it doesn't cope well with anything but plain words (and stop words throw it off). I'm going to look at making that more robust.

The posting process hung at the step shown in this screenshot, but when I checked the thread in another tab, the post had actually been made. Edit: This post also fell victim to the "Hung on 'Queued for processing'" bug.

That should be fixed now ... this post will test it !

• Simon
    Simon
    BTW: I'm aware of some IE incompatibilities that prevent the reply box from appearing - I am working on it.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not to bug you Simon but there seems to be a problem signing in with IE 11  (Win.7)

Has anyone else have this problem ?

Firefox works fine.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Had one hell of a time getting logged on here. After struggling with IE 11 I finally opened up a version of Chrome I haven't used in years, if ever. IE 11 just won't work. Finally got logged in with it, but couldn't see any text box. Using my Chrome browser to post this. Wish I had more patience with all this technology, but I don't. Thanks Simon for all your hard work. Hope all goes well for everyone.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I have been able to sign in and make this post....so far so good.

Well done Simon

Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, IE is always the biggest problem. So many things need special tweaks to make them work.

Chrome is always the best browser to use but I am going to make sure it works for people using any of the other major browsers too - Safari, FireFox and IE (latest version > 9 or 10)

• violias
    violias

I had to add a program to Chrome before it would let me post. It is Mindspring.  Without it I can't post on Chrome either.  My Malware says it is a non malware just a pup.  so we will let it be.  wow what a lot of trouble .

I have IE 11 with all the latest updates and service packs etc.  I can sign on but can't post. 

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I am going to wait to post my thoughts, as I HATE global change (GENUINE incremental improvement - YES).

I cannot login on my android phone, and it crashed my android browser (which peeves as I leave certain pages open as a quick reminder instead of bookmarking every page).

Also, could not access original email - fortunately username did work for me - not complicated Simon, to insert Sign-in "Enter username or email."

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am having fun navigating around with my phone and all seems good. No bugs here......I have a chrome browser.

Kate xx

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    It's in the magic wand section

^ Re: 'quote' button. Ah, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit