Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I kinda like the old format where you can see more threads per page and finding out what going on with about a 3 or 4 page search. Is there a button somewhere that I can push to read more theme titles per page?
  • Simon
    Simon
    I kinda like the old format where you can see more threads per page and finding out what going on with about a 3 or 4 page search. Is there a button somewhere that I can push to read more theme titles per page?

Look toward the bottom right of the topic or subject pages and you can change the page size to 5, 10 or 20 items per page.

You may want 20 topics listed without summaries (snippet options) or 10 with a brief summary or maybe 5 with full summary. Same with topics - you may prefer to see more or less per page as you prefer.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Sorry if this has already been asked but why is there a number next to the message envelope? I have the number six but there are no new messages.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Sorry if this has already been asked but why is there a number next to the message envelope? I have the number six but there are no new messages.

The numbers got a little skewed between accounts and messages being imported and marked read on the different sites. I will run a job to update them so they correctly represent the unread messages or maybe just add a "mark all read" option.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Thanks for the update Simon! 
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu

thx simon.

question: is there a possibility to mark all threads as read?

I want to see next time i come to your website only new threads and threads with new answers. I think, I have to go for this to the button "active" on the top. right?

• happy@last
    happy@last
    Yay, I can get this on my iPhone. Just a pity I can't get the Have Your Say box appear on my BlackBerry Playbook tablet
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

The sign-in page asks for 'email'. I wasn't able to sign-in with that. I tried a couple of times and then tried my username Heaven and that worked. Perhaps the box entitled 'email' could be updated to email or username.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

:) I like the look of it. 

I like that, for the first time since joining, I've been able to update my email address and, for the first time in almost as many years, I can change my avatar.

My basic phone and its Opera Mini browser cannot cope as well with the new site, even with updating to Opera Mini 5 today. JWN was always 'read only' for me on there, but at least it was straight-forward to navigate around and most of the links worked. The 'menu' button at the top of the (mobile) page does nothing so I can't sign in on my phone any more or opt to view active topics. Maybe I can figure out a work-around.

What would be handy

It would be nice to have people's join dates and posting dates displayed again. '5 years ago,' 'a day ago' - too vague on its own.

I can't see a 'quote' button in the 'reply' box.

• happy@last
    happy@last
    I can't see a 'quote' button in the 'reply' box.

It's in the magic wand section

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit