Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Simon....

I'm not getting the quote button to work no matter what I try (highlighting the material then clicking "; click the quote button first; re-clicking it, etc.)

You mentioned in an earlier post that the quote button is supposed to toggle on and off... mine doesn't do that. 

Suggestions? 

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When I mouse over my Avatar I get a popup that says I have only 46 posts and 0 topics.

We know that's not true. I had something like 5,000 posts and lots of threads started!!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Same with my account, Oubliette: 95 posts and one topic for me.

Perhaps my thousands of other posts exist here only "invisibly" with the second coming of JWN ? LOL.

• Simon
    Simon

The message count should be correct for the messages marked as unread but may not be 'correct' for whether you have read them or not. Some may have been imported as unread and then read on the old site (hence the mismatch). I think a "mark all read" should solve the problem.

Save with the post counts - there are some repeated posts within a topic and uncounted topics and posts which will be updated when I run another job. Trying to have a live import running and kept up to sync while using a site live was problematic.

I'll be adding a 'topics posted on' soon, there is already a 'topics started by' facility.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Simon: I'll be adding a 'topics posted on' soon, there is already a 'topics started by' facility.

How does that work? I can't access it. Maybe because there's an issue with my thread count statistics.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I tried quoting someone and I couldnt turn it off again, I see you lot have it working so it must be me being a dumbass.

I see you lot have it working so it must be me being a dumbass.

Yeah, I cant turn it off again...

HTF do i turn it off again?

Google chrome btw...

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I tried quoting someone and I couldnt turn it off again, I see you lot have it working so it must be me being a dumbass.

What's worked for me is to hit enter a couple times, then go back to the top and hit the quote button and paste in the quote.  Once you've created the quote, you don't need to turn it off, just click down below the quote and type your comment.  Maybe not a perfect solution, but easy enough.

• kifoy
    kifoy

I only miss the RSS feed…

I don't visit every day, and when I do visit it's really difficult to find out what's new since last time. So I've been subscribing to the RSS feed for the last couple of years, and that have been working perfectly. But now there's no RSS feed… :(

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Simon, Thank you for helping me get back onto the forum.  I feel really supid.  I'm still having trouble signing in, getting invalid password lock out.  So I went back and clicked on the link you sent me by email, and I got on.  Thanks so much.

Shana

• MissFit
    MissFit

Simon,

I like the feature you added that lets me know I will lose my post if I exit the page.  I used to lose alot of my posts that way.  Now I have a chance to keep them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit