Please post new forum feedback or questions here

by Simon 180 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Simon
    Simon
    I wonder if a JWN to JWC landing page might make the changeover less bewildering to those folk who did not get a heads-up?

Good idea but I'm sure people will recognize the faces and discussions. The logo is the same as the old site too (although now inverse instead of dark blue on white).

For the last couple of days the "Have your say..." box has lost most of its functions.  Just 18 empty boxes and 4 drop downs.  Is it just me?

I wonder if there is an old version cached? Have you tried doing a 'hard refresh' (Ctrl or Shift + reload). That should force the browser to re-load all the scripts.

I'll check things are working in different browsers too.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you Simon, I have just tried that CTRL + F5 but did not work.

George

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Hi Simon!  When will I be able to post on JWN? The Board allows me to start a thread but won't go past stage two, it's the same with the "Like" button, won't allow me to click "like" on all the good threads.  

• wallowindawn
    wallowindawn
    How do you delete private messages?
  • jimbojones
    jimbojones
    Any way to add the feature of 'go to lastest post'. Kind of annoying having to go into a thread and then click the last page. 
  • Simon
    Simon
    Thank you Simon, I have just tried that CTRL + F5 but did not work.

What browser are you using?\

How do you delete private messages?

You can't right now. I will look at adding it when I next work on the direct message system. I want to add a "mark all read", and "block sender" as well.

Hi Simon!  When will I be able to post on JWN? The Board allows me to start a thread but won't go past stage two, it's the same with the "Like" button, won't allow me to click "like" on all the good threads. 

Have you checked if your posts appear? It may just be the posting limit which now delays posts from appearing.

Any way to add the feature of 'go to lastest post'. Kind of annoying having to go into a thread and then click the last page. 

If you click on one of the 3 little replies on the topic summary it will take you straight to that post.

• St George of England
    St George of England

What browser are you using?\

FIREFOX

George

• Viviane
    Viviane

One thing I miss is the ability to see every topic I've posted on when I click on my name, like the old "Topics Posted On" link (may be there and I just can't find it) and the ability to go directly to the last page of a thread from the Topics pages. Nevermind that one, just saw Simon's post on it.

Those are minor, otherwise everything seems fine.

• Simon
    Simon
    One thing I miss is the ability to see every topic I've posted on when I click on my name, like the old "Topics Posted On" link (may be there and I just can't find it)

See the latest site update for this new feature.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

1. Is there a way to look at a Discussion topic and know HOW MANY HAVE VIEWED IT?

2. Is there a way to read a PM we have sent?

3. How do I fold this account back into my original Terry account and delete this one?

Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit