APOSTA CURRY!

by Dansk 805 Replies latest members meetups

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Put me down as a possible, please...sorry cant be anymore deffinite right now.

Gareth stop pussy footing around and get your bum upto Manchester....you will enjoy it I am sure.

DB74

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101
    Gareth stop pussy footing around and get your bum upto Manchester....you will enjoy it I am sure.

You try driving in a car from the 50's for 4+ hours without a radio!

CS 101

• Dansk
    Dansk
    You try driving in a car from the 50's for 4+ hours without a radio!

So put one in it!

Seriously, Gareth, it'd be great to meet up with you again.

Ian

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I will certainly do my best Ian, would be good to see you again too, I have quite a few people that i've got to know more since the BBQ so it should get better and better. I know there were a few that after I realised I hadn't talked to as much, like yourself, so this would be a good opportunity to put things right!

CS 101

• Dansk
    Dansk

21st October !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATURDAY (Time to be confirmed)

WHITEFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people are already looking to book B&Bs/Hotels in the area so we'll make Whitefield the venue!

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

(I do hope gill doesn;t mind me nicking from her thread)

Dansk: some guidelines for your gathering kindly brought to us from Gill's thread. I am sure you and all the attendees will be keen to follow these to lthe letter!

The October 15th Watchtower gives advice on social gatherings. Try not to throw up or pee your pants laughing at some of the advice!

What will the Gathering be Like?

'paragraph 5 page 24.

'Many hosts have faced the issue of whether to serve alcoholic beverages. Such are not needed for a gathering to be upbuilding. Recall that Jesus provided a meal for a sizable group that came to him - he multiplied bread and fish. The account does not say that he miraculously provided wine, although we know that he was able to do so. If you decide to serve alcoholic beverages at a gathering, be moderate as to how much there will be, and make sure that there are appealing alternatives for those who prefer them. Definitely refrain from making anoyone feel pressured to drink something that might bite 'just like a serpent.' What about music or singing. If your gathering will include music, no doubt you will carefully select the songs, considering both rhythm and lyrics. Many Christians have found tht playing 'Kingdom Melodies' or even singing such songs together contributes to a good atmosphere. And, of course check on the volume regularly so that the music neither stifles enjoyable conversation nore disturbs any neighbors.

At a social gathering,Christians may talk about various subjects, read some material aloud, or related interesting experiences. If the conversation strays, the host can tactfully redirect it He should be alert that no one person dominates the conversation. If he sees that developing, he can judiciously speak up and provide for vaiety, perhaps drawing out the young ones or introducing a subject that invites varied comments. Both young and old will be delighted with this aspect of the gathering. If as the organizer (or control freak) of theyou guide matters widely and tactfully, your reasonableness will become know to those present. They will sense that yours is a living faith, one that affects all phases of your life.'

• Dansk
    Dansk

Crumpet:

(I'm still hopeful you may have a change of heart):

Christians may talk about various subjects,

They will sense that yours is a living faith, one that affects all phases of your life.'

As I'm not Christian it doesn't apply - and, oh yes, everyone will know that my "faith" IS a living one which does, indeed, affect all phases of my life!!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Many Christians have found tht playing 'Kingdom Melodies' or even singing such songs together contributes to a good atmosphere.

Shall I dig some tapes out Ian? I think I might still have some, stored at my mums....

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Shall I dig some tapes out Ian?

Only if ya wanna go home like this:

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    (I'm still hopeful you may have a change of heart):

Funnily enough my parents are waiting for me to have one too!

It is nothign to do with my heart - that will be there with you in spirit and if I win the lottery I'll turn up (well maybe! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit