APOSTA CURRY!

by Dansk 805 Replies latest members meetups

• KW13
    KW13

awwwwwwwwww come on, we'll make sure its fun!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Britboy:

Are there any B&B's or Hotels nearby?

If we have the curry in Rusholme then Linda's suggestion is best. If we have it in Whitefield there are two possibilities, one a travel inn and the other a B&B which are both fairly close by, the B&B especially. I'll find out details and post later.

((((((((((Emo))))))))): It would be absolutely lovely to meet you, so please muster up the courage!!

If, if, if, if, if, if we do decide to have the curry in Whitefield, which has plenty of pubs for later, for those of you who can make it a little earlier you are welcome to come to my house for coffee and maybe a hot snack. I have to work all the details out first but if, for example, some of you arrive in the morning or early afternoon and you'd otherwise be lost as to what to do with yourselves, then why not come here!

I live in a cul-de-sac so parking is really tight - but there's a large car park just a 5 minute walk away and right opposite the curry house. Again, I'll post details later.

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks Dansk.

I don't think I can make it, but if I can I will probably stay at the travel lodge - no way will I manage 6 miles back into Manchester after a few bevvys!

Don't worry about the restaurant/curry side of things - I can always catch up with you after you've eaten, or before, if I am by some stroke of luck able to come.

Sounds like there will be a few new faces to this one as well which is great!

crumpet

• Dansk
    Dansk

Bury Bed and Breakfast

Bed and Breakfast Bury

Ratings for quality and value are currently held by many of the Bed and Breakfasts Bury, which means that you can rest assured that great attention is being paid to the provision of good standards of accommodation, as well as a warm welcome. You will find genuine value for money is offered by the wide range of Bed and Breakfasts in Bury.

In order that our visitors have peace of mind, many of the Bed and Breakfast in Bury have secure on-line booking facilities, so that you can arrange your visit easily, at the touch of a button. In order to protect your privacy on-line, all bookings are made through a secure server, which provides total protection for your personal and credit card details.

On these links you will find a colour photo of your chosen Bed and Breakfasts in Bury, along with a basic tariff. Make your choice from the list there, and then, for up to date room rates, visit the establishment’s own website. Many of the Bed and Breakfasts in Bury have created their own website, but if not, we have provided them with one, which gives you ample opportunity to see for yourself the value and quality on offer from Bed and Breakfasts Bury. You can use the “zoom-able” map to explore the area and landmarks surrounding your chosen hotel in Bury.

Click here for Bury Bed and Breakfast
    Bury

Best Western Bolholt Country Park HotelWalshaw Road
    Bury
    Bury
    Lancashire
    BL8 1PU

Tariff
    Rooms
    from £49.00

Per Room
    Per Night
    View Website
    Location Map

3 Star AA 3 Star RAC 3 Star Tourist Board

Nearest areas/amenities to Best Western Bolholt Country Park Hotel
    Bury approx. 0.5 miles Heywood approx. 4 miles Bolton approx. 5 miles

Hall I' TH' Wood Railway Station approx. 3.6 miles M66 Junction 2 approx. 2.4 miles Manchester Airport approx. 17.3 miles
    The estate has undergone a gradual transformation from an industrial area into 50 acres of beautiful parkland and lakes. We also have a state of the a... More

The Old Mill Hotel & Leisure ClubSpringwood St
    Ramsbottom
    Bury
    Lancashire
    BL0 9DS

Tariff
    Rooms
    from £61.00

Per Room
    Per Night
    View Website
    Location Map

Nearest areas/amenities to The Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
    Ramsbottom approx. 0 miles Bury approx. 4 miles Bolton approx. 6 miles

Entwistle Railway Station approx. 3.8 miles M66 Junction L approx. 1.1 miles Manchester Airport approx. 20.6 miles
    Full of character with its traditional style beamed ceilings, the beautiful Tudor-style Hotel, is set in private grounds A welcoming approach of flowe... More

Rostrevor Hotel148 Manchester Road
    Bury
    Greater Manchester
    BL9 0TL

Tariff
    Rooms
    from £51.50

Per Room
    Per Night
    View Website
    Location Map

3 Star

Nearest areas/amenities to Rostrevor Hotel
    Bury approx. 0.5 miles Bolton approx. 5.5 miles Rochdale approx. 6 miles

Kearsley Railway Station approx. 4.2 miles M66 Junction 3 approx. 1.3 miles Manchester Airport approx. 16 miles
    The Rostrevor is well established, both as a business and tourist hotel, we are situated on the A56 in Bury. Once you have stayed with us in our lovel... More

Village Hotel & Leisure Club BuryWaterfold Business Park
    Rochdale Road
    Bury
    Greater Manchester
    BL9 7BQ

Tariff
    Rooms
    from £55.00

Per Room
    Per Night
    View Website
    Location Map

Nearest areas/amenities to Village Hotel & Leisure Club Bury
    Bury approx. 0.5 miles Whitefield approx. 3 miles Bolton approx. 6 miles

Castleton Railway Station approx. 4 miles M66 Junction 2 approx. 0.3 miles Manchester Airport approx. 16.4 miles
    The Village Bury is ideally situated to access Manchester City Centre, and surrounding areas including MUFC and MCFC. The nearby Trafford Centre offer... More

Now showing - 1 to 4 of 4 Hotels, Guest Houses and B&B's in Bury

Hotels

Guest Houses

Grant Arms Hotel
    Market Place Ramsbottom
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL0 9AJTel: 01706 823354

Red Hall Hotel & Restaurant
    Manchester Rd Walmersley
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 5NATel: 01706 822476

The Staff of Life
    213-215 Manchester Rd
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 9HJTel: 0161 764 6246

Waterloo Hotel
    155 Manchester Rd
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 0TDTel: 0161 764 5864

Village Hotel & Leisure Club
    Waterfold Business Park Rochdale Rd
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 7DBTel: 0161 764 4444

Rostrevor Hotel
    148 Manchester Rd
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 0TLTel: 0161 764 3944

The Old White Lion Hotel
    6 Bolton St
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL9 0LQTel: 0161 764 2641

Victoria Hotel
    12-14 Hall St Walshaw
    Bury
    Click for map here - BL8 3BDTel: 0161 761 5801

Castle Guest House
    Castle House 7 Wellington St
    Bury
    Lancashire
    Click for map here - BL8 2ALTel: 0161 797 3396

Pennine View Guest House
    8 Hunstanton Drive
    Bury
    Lancashire
    Click for map here - BL8 1EGTel: 0161 763 1249

Ashbury Guest House
    235 Rochdale Rd
    Bury
    Lancashire
    Click for map here - BL9 7BXTel: 0161 762 9623

more Bury Bed and Breakfast
  • Dansk
    Dansk

Manchester (Prestwich)

Bury New Road
    Prestwich
    Greater Manchester
    M25 3AJ

T: 08701 977 175
    F: 0161 773 8099
    From £53 per room
    per night

Friday - Sunday
    From £50 per room
    per night
    Check availability Print information Order a directory

Directions

Exit the M60(J17), onto the A56 signposted Prestwich. The hotel is directly on the right next to TGI Friday's.

• Dansk
    Dansk

OK, above is a list of hotels and B&Bs in the area. I had no idea they were so expensive. The two most local hotels are: the Rostrevor and the Travel Inn, Prestwich (which is very close to the motorway and just a couple of miles up the road from the Forts of India curry house. The Rostrevor is about 1 mile from the curry house and close to pubs).

Otherwise, it's Linda's suggestion.

Once I've got numbers it'll make things easier!! So please put your name down!!

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Latest list:

Ross (LT)

Trev & Linda

Marion

Ian & Claire

DB74 (Gary)

Karl & Megan

Funkyderek (possibility)

Lowden

Britboy (possibility)

Kimoko (possibility)

Crumpet (needs arm twisting )

Could I have some more DEFINITES please!

Thanks,

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ian,

We will most likely be in the car, so we will have space for a couple of people even if Marion comes, that's if we use Trev's car, which means he will have to drive and I can drink. We will most likely book the Smithfield, so we could ferry a couple of people back with us into Manchester after the curry.

I just had a thought - October 24th is my 1st anniversary on the board, and November 1st is my anniversary of da'ing, so I will be in the mood to celebrate anyway, apart from the pleasure of meeting you all. It looks like the first round of drinks will be on Trev lol! After all, ut's mostly his "fault" that I am no longer a jw, and he's got plenty of money anyway!

love

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk
    It looks like the first round of drinks will be on Trev lol!

Make mine a treble!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Make mine a treble

A treble sounds good to me as well, Trev had better start saving up lol.

A nice bottle of red wine, preferably shiraz, or three would do for me. Trev will be "enjoying" his orange juice.

The Smithfield are pretty generous about closing time if you are a guest, and usually servr about 8 real ales according to Trev, so he can make up for lost drinking time when we get back.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit