God led me to the JW congregation.

by jw 186 Replies latest jw experiences

• jw
    jw

I rented a house in the late !970's and the contents in the home were given to me.

It happened to be books: ( Making my life Happy, Revelation, Children Bible Stories, Listening to the Great Teacher ) I was enjoying the reading.

-----------------------------------

A few years later began to notice awake magazines in doctor offices, and other public places and read them and enjoyed them.

------------------------------------

Late 1980's My 7th son was 2 yrs. old and was just learning to talk. He was developmentally delayed in speech. He said he was hearing a man tell him to go with him. That scared my whole family. We did not know what to think of that. We all agreed to really monitor him more closely than we normally already did. All appeared well.

A few months later around 2 am in the morning my son woke me up to tell me the man came to get him but he did not want to go. Of course we were taking what he said seriously but in honesty we had our doubts. My husband and I got up and began to look around our house for a man, at first just to rest my sons fears. We we frighted , at what we saw next. Our door was wide opened.

We always lock our doors and make sure all the family our in bed for the night. So this really worried us.

We had many family discussions on how to deal with this issue. We had our son sleep with us after that. But then it came to mind something I read in one of the books. That if dealing with a spirit or satan just tell them to go away in the name of Jehovah. I fiqured what do I have to lose, except my son. So I began to instruct my 2 yr. old that when he hears the man or see the man or anyone else to say those words. And He did just that.

We never heard about that man again and we check with my son on a routine basis and still kept up our security measure. And no other incident was ever reported by my son since .

-------------------------------

Years later we got a knock on our door and a female and male were reading to me something from a black book. Then I noticed A revelation book. And ask where they got that book. And ask if I could have that black book at first they refused then decided they could replace the black book and let me have it.

And made appointment to return and I accepted eagarly.

And Have not ever had regrets.

P.s. that was my very first time of learning of this bible book exisitence.

I

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

hallelujah.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a nice experience, and many people have nice lives are JW's, me included. However, please make sure you keep an open mind about education, saving for your retirement etc, so that you and your family don't suffer hardship just in case it turns out not to be the truth after all,
    I used to think experiences like these were evidence of God's direction until I read information about other religions, and every religion is filled with exactly the same experiences. In Hassans book on Cults he too notes that he was stunned as a Moonie (and they are a real cult) at how many people got involved because they had just prayed to God and the Moonies turned up, or some such coincidence.
    I too have remarkable coincidences on an daily basis, and have to make sure I fully evaluate them before making life affecting decisions based on the coincidence.

• osmosis
    osmosis

whatever helps you sleep at night

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    P.s. that was my very first time of learning of this bible book exisitence.

So even though you had seven kids you'd never heard of the bible before? What planet are you from again?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well, I think God led you here too.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Where's the vomit bag??

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

JW - do you mean this is the first time you've had access to the bible? I encourage you to seek out what other religons teach as well. The JW's teach that other religons teach all sorts of things. I believed it for many years. Then I went to another church and found none of it to be true.

Do as the bereans in the bible did AND were commended for - keep testing these things to make sure they are true.

Don't take anything at face value.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Well here's the thing.

You do not mention once there being a Bible anywhere in this mix. You think God lead you to them where as I understand you were molested by a JW? So was I. Do you really think GOD lead you to a RELIGION where molestors are not only protected but get free legal protection from the WTBTS?

Respectfully~Kate

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

If you´re content, then we are happy for you.

Then again, if you were content you wouldn´t be here would you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit