God led me to the JW congregation.

by jw 186 Replies latest jw experiences

• lilybird
    lilybird

If you are happy with the JWS that's great.. but God didn't lead you there.. because the JWS are not god inspired.. they are run by a bunch of egotistical men who write dribble they call Bible publications and then brainwash their members into selling them from door to door.. for jusst a small contribution to the society.. of course

• geevee
    geevee

Did you ever think that maybe your son was talking to an actual person? Just because you lock the doors doesn't mean people stay out of your house. Perhaps a previous tenant who still held a key?
    Your description of the bible book is a bit cryptic too. Was it a bible that you are talking about or another book?
    If you are happy that's one thing, but looking for signs from God is another. Lots of people on this forum felt that god led them into the dubs, but later find out that he led them out...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Jehovah led me to your mother... Several times!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

We evolved from apes.

GBL

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never felt that God led me to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I know without a doubt that He saved me from them and gave me the strength to escape their iron-clad grip on my mind and soul.

I pray that He will do the same for you before it is too late.

• jw
    jw
    P.s. that was my very first time of learning of this bible book exisitence.

So even though you had seven kids you'd never heard of the bible before? What planet are you from again? I shared this part of my life in kind. As a child I was raised Catholic and I never once seen a Bible and it was never mentioned. It is what it is!

• jw
    jw

JW - do you mean this is the first time you've had access to the bible? No, only during that part of my life. I perfer these bibles: Click here: Hebrew Bible in English / Mechon-Mamre Click here: Search for 'John 6:63' in the Greek/English Interlinear (tr) NT version I encourage you to seek out what other religons teach as well. As stated earlier that was a small part of ( MY) life. I and my family have had experience with ( Catholic, Baptist, Trinity, 7th day Adventist, Methodist, Lutheran, Mormon Latterday saints, Pentecaostal, Etc..............! The JW's teach that other religons teach all sorts of things. I believed it for many years. Then I went to another church and found none of it to be true. Really???? Cause I can post some of the other religious teachings .

Do as the bereans in the bible did AND were commended for - keep testing these things to make sure they are true. Duh, thats a given here!

Don't take anything at face value. Again, DUH !

• jw
    jw

Well, I think God led you here too. I think god led me here too, but not for the reasons you think!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hi, jw, I am genuinely glad that you have been able to find spiritual fulfillment in your life. It is your right, and no person or group of persons acting in concert can relieve you of that.These values we share did not come by acident, nor were they assumed to be derived by some mysterious alchemy of natural development. One of the most fundamental Rights of Man, is the right to worship God in the path of your choice.

But those rights had to be fought for on the field of combat. I feel proud that my forebears [and yours probably] loved you so much that they were willing to spill their blood to ensure the survival and triumph of liberty. At that same time, when others answered the call, the JWs, as personified by the then President of the Wt movement, were mouthing empty and hysterical phrases designed to be sensationalist rather than edifying. The bigoted nature of those nonsensical pratings, made in the 40s, are now so utterly embarrasing, that his sucessors no longer even acknowledge them.

Since the WTS, being a closed system of authority, will not permit any undue curiosity on your part, you imperil your standing in the very system you owe aliegance, by giving evidence of reading previous comments made your religion. Your religion is one that neither permits nor encourages scrutiny. I sincerely hope that you do not discover that the Wt system is nothing but a raw instrument of power, excercised by flunkies to ensure the supremacy of a mysterious elite calling themselves the GB.

To maintain your continued existence in the JW movement, my suggestion to you would be to do EXACTLY what the leadership tells you to do, without either comment, or dissent. But, and this is a big but, PRETEND that you are doing those things because you thought of them.

And you can rest assured that when the torch of liberty needs to lifted up again in the face of an assault from our adversaries, we will be there to protect your right to worship the God of your choice.

Those who least appreciate freedom are those who do nothing to safeguard it.

Cheers

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Perhaps God lead you here to visit the following website:

www.catholicxjw.com

Jeff S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit