God led me to the JW congregation.

by jw 186 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I know the lies they have told and I am actually ministering to them too.

This is NOT defd this is BROWNBOY JUNIOR! Why oh why do all the NUTJOBS have to come here!

Yes yes your ministering to everyone. Yes we see the error of our ways we will turn around and... And do what? Brownhole wanted us to worship HIM is that your plan too? Oh no say it like this "I want you to worship jebus and jehovber..." then two threads later you say in passing that you ARE jebus reborn or jehober reincarnated or whatever stupid idiotic insane thing you've been waiting to say...

Here's an idea prove to me that your jebus by jumping off the highest building in whatever hell hole town you happen to be stinking up right now and landing head first in the closest garbage can unharmed! Do that I''ll worship you... I promise!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    P.s. that was my very first time of learning of this bible book exisitence.

So...your very first experience studying the Bible was with Jehovah's Witnesses? That is sort of like me. So, do you believe it matters whether the message you carry to people in the door-to-door ministry is accurate? Or is having a "beneficial" effect on their lives sufficient for you? The "benefit" being determined by the Governing Body, of course.

In other words, does it matter to you that you are trying to bring others to a religion that began as a pyramidology group? A group kept these beliefs alive during the time the Governing Body now says Jehovah began using them? According to the current Governing Body, pyramidology = spiritism. But they teach that Jehovah was using such spiritistic people as his chosen method of communicating.

Does it matter to you that you teach people that Christ is not their mediator? Or, did you know that this is the position of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society? Don't take my word for it, read what their current doctrine states. Here is the reference to the Question From Readers discussing it.

w89 8/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers
    Questions From Readers

—Is Jesus the Mediator only for spirit-anointed Christians or for all mankind, since 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 speaks of him as the “mediator” who “gave himself a corresponding ransom for all”?
    Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" chap. 1 pp. 9-11 The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide
    The Way to Enjoy Peace With God

14 With painful hurt to themselves, most of mankind do not desire to accept or to believe in the Almighty God’s provision for his worshipers to enjoy relative peace and security even in this most lamentable state of human affairs. However, Jehovah is “the God who gives peace,” and it is our blessed privilege now to enter into a peace and security that will never fail. (Romans 16:20; Philippians 4:6, 7, 9) It is a peace and security that he gives even now to his body of earthly servants, his visible organization, in fulfillment of his ever-reliable promises. It is a peace and security that we can enjoy only in association with his visible organization on earth.
    15 It would be out of line with the plain teachings of the Scriptures to believe that God does not have an organization, an organized people, that he exclusively recognizes. Jesus Christ recognized that his heavenly Father had a visible organization. Until Pentecost 33 C.E., it was the Jewish organization in covenant relationship with Jehovah God under the Law of Moses.—Luke 16:16.
    16 Just as the ancient nation of Israel was in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God through the mediator Moses, so the nation of spiritual Israel, “the Israel of God,” has a covenant relationship through a mediator. (Galatians 6:16) It is as the apostle Paul wrote to his Christian fellow worker: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5) Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants. Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. This spiritual nation is like a little flock of Jehovah’s sheeplike ones.—Romans 9:6; Revelation 7:4.

jw, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. But I am fiercely opposed to calling this doctrine "Biblical." Here is the portion I have the most problem with:

Was Moses the mediator between Jehovah God and mankind in general? No, he was the mediator between the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the nation of their fleshly descendants.

This is a lie. Outright contradiction against the Scriptures. This is why:

(1) Moses brought out of Egypt the Israelites and a vast mixed company of non-Israelites. He was the mediator also for these. These also agreed to serve God. These also gave sacrifices and were bound to the law of Moses. They WERE NOT fleshly descendants of Abraham, nor were they alien residents in the Land of Promise.

(2) Proselytes were welcome, and for anyone who was willing to agree to the covenant of the Mosaic Law—and in the case of males, undergo circumcision—Moses became the mediator between God and man.

Now, you know this is true. You know Moses was the mediator for anyone who wished to come into that favored relationship. But the doctrine of "other sheep" who have a different hope requires this lie. The doctrine of "other sheep" requires a different shepherd than Jesus, another "go-between," another mediator. If Jesus is not your mediator, who is? If someone else is your mediator, how is it that you have been listening to the voice of the owner? (John 10:1-21)

You have been deceived. You have listened to the voice of strangers. You have followed after some who wish to break in and steal you away. You have only one mediator, I hope you wake up. Currently, you are told that your King and High Priest is unapproachable in prayer. (Hebrews 5:1-14) Currently, you are cut off from the one to whom God gave all authority in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18) And you let it happen. What's more, you actively promote such an empty relationship the one you claim to believe saved you.

It should tell you a lot about your spiritual situation that you feel motivated to come here (for whatever reason). I will be happy to discuss that with you by PM if you like. I am sure I don't have to tell you that something is missing.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I am a very independent minded individual and I am not a person that would ever now or in the future be capable of being a brainwashed JW.
    And it worries me to know end when I do hear stories on the news or by other jw's or ex -jw's that they were brainwashed.

According to Jehovah's Witnesses there are some key beliefs that you must have in order to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Are you aware of what these beliefs are?

If so, are you really one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Do you believe that Christ returned in 1874 1914 to signal the beginning of the Last Days and the start of the Great Tribulation and was enthroned in heaven in 1878 1914 and that the end of this wicked system will come in 1914 in 1915 in 1918 in 1925 within 30 or 40 years of 1914 before all those who understood the significance of 1914 died before all those born by 1914 died very soon now?

Sorry. It took a lot of marking out to get rid of the things Jehovah's Witnesses used to be required to believe. But, the current doctrine is still there.

Do you believe that the Faithful and Discreet Slave class is C.T. Russell the Watchtower Society the remnant of the anointed alive at any time the sole channel for communication that Jehovah is using to communicate to the world in our day operating primarily through the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (who are in no way under the authority of the anointed)?

If you don't believe either of these, you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses. If you believed otherwise, read your Organized to Do Jehovah's Will book. You will know I am right by the end of chapter 3.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

My biggest concern is what you said about an open door. Demons and spirits do not need to open doors if I understand right.

I would have gotten a hold of the police if I were you and had them find out from your son what the intruder looked like and also ask them if there has been any problems in that or surrounding neiborhoods.

Cab

• aniron
    aniron

JW said:
    I do not partake in the door to door preaching. My family comes first.

How do the Elders in the congregation react to this? They understood my unique situation and respected my desicion because it was biblically based.

What about your monthly report? N/A

How can you call yourself a JW when the door to door work is the outstanding mark of a JW. You must minister to family first.

From reading your posts it seems to me that you really have no knowledge of JW teachings or procedures. Explain that?

"unique situation" it must be very "unique" and "biblically based" ....Why is it you never anwser a direct question? Why the secrecy?

Why no answer to whether you put in a monthly report? Is it because you have no idea what is meant by a "monthly report"? Also if no report then you are classified as an "inactive publisher". Lets face they even allowed the elderly and bed-ridded to put in a report for at least doing 15 minutes a month. So what makes you so special?

"family first" ,,,,, Sorry no. IF you are a "JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" then witnessing for Jehovah comes before family. The teachings of the Watchtower are such that if the family is hindering you from witnessing, they must be put in second place or even leave them.

From reading your posts it seems to me that you really have no knowledge of JW teachings or procedures. Explain that?

By the answers you gave to those questions.

• jw
    jw

family first" ,,,,, Sorry no. IF you are a "JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" then witnessing for Jehovah comes before family. 8 Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith.

• TheListener
    TheListener

jw,

welcome. This is my first post addressed to you.

Wow, you've really got some thread going. I never get long threads like this. Well done.

Onto the subject. Yes, providing for one's family is highly important to witnesses and is a priority. But, the key aspect of providing for our families is spiritiually. That is what will give them the real life. Providing for them in this system is important as long as it is to provide the basic essentials. It sounds like you're an inactive witness which the elders have stopped trying to shepherd you (if I've missed something you've posted on this already please forive me).

If your circumstances are such that you cannot have a regular share in the ministry provisions can and should be made that you can at least get 15 minutes in a month. 15 minutes! You could incidental witness to the check out clerk at the grocery store each week and get 15 minutes. Really, the slave has made ample provision for us to be able to share in the ministry despite the dificult circumstances many of us find ourselves in. Perhaps, if we can't find some way to support the kingdom preaching work each month we need to ask ourselves if we are truly buying our time out wisely. I've known publishers who will sit down for one or two minutes every other day and write letters! By the end of the month they have had anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours in the ministry!

OK my WT speak is over. You see you are dealing with individuals on this board who were/are ministerial servants, elders, bethelites, etc etc. We know the rules and the pressures exerted. We know when something sounds fishy and unusual. Your situation sounds unusual. I hope for the best for you. Auld Soul's posts have been spot on. Read, meditate on them and test them out to see if he's full of doo-doo. If not, pray pray pray for help and God will give you the peace of mind that excels all thought.

Good luck jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit