Explain your avatar and username

by greendawn 174 Replies latest members private

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

My avatar represents an art and design movement called Constructivism in Russia from about 1910 to 1930's. This piece is done by El Lizzitsky and I bleive is the cover of a pamphlet called "Beat the Whites with the Red Wedge." This refers to the civil unrest and war before the revolution was won by the Bolsheviks (the Reds) in 1917. I've always been intrigued with this period of history and how it manifested itself and influences artsits, because of the ideals of Communism being a new begining for mankind and such. Because of those ideals, huge advancements were made in the arts in order to forcably break from the past.

Oh, and my username is not my real name. It is a made-up nickname, but it suits me fine. ;)

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

It's that first I was a Minister, then I wasn't then I was again............Today who knows?

My favorite breakfast treat in the pic.

• Terry
    Terry

I haven't taken a photo in 11 years. I used to use the ONLY photo of me available (a promo head shot). But, lately I've been trying to update myself. I grabbed the cheap camera I have and clicked off a shot. Just so happened I didn't have a shirt on.

Big deal!

T.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

StillaJWexelder:

Are you serious? Your previous one was removed by the mods?

Let me guess which one was she that fussed over that one.

That is soooooooo ridiculous. There wasn't any nudity. It wasn't offensive. It was just cleavage.

I guess someone is a little too insecure in their old age.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

some jw's in the 70's and 80's listened to LED ZEPPELIN, the greatest rock band ever.
    some really liked their DRUMMER, John Henry Bonham, aka BONZO(yes i spelled it diff-
    erently), also the greatest drummer ever! i still listen to led zeppelin!
  • Poodles
    Poodles

My username Poodles is what my mother used to call me when we still lived in Trinidad! I haven't learned how to post an avatar!

• John Doe
    John Doe

My username is the common generic name for an unknown identity. Unknown identity suits me well. My avatar is just me.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Username is just my name....

Avatar is what I think of the Dubs and the GB in particular.

• bem
    bem

Name is from my three childrens names, B= Brantley oldest son, E= Elizabeth only daughter and M= Michael youngest boy.

The avatar is an actual picture of me as a Fairie

Dorothy

• caligirl
    caligirl

My current avatar is a cropped photo of me, but I also use a painting representing my sign, Aquarius.

My username is a nickname my husband gave me when we first got married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit