Explain your avatar and username

by greendawn 174 Replies latest members private

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

My niece calls me a 'dirty emo' because of my musical tastes (for the unknowing, emo=electromosher!) I call myself sad instead because a) that's how I was when I joined, b) emo's are renowned for their grim outlook on life, c) I didn't want you all thinking I was dirty!!

Eeyore is quite like my personality - a pessimistic but well-meaning old soul and often lacking self-motivation! But there is the butterfly there too - symbolising my learning to appreciate the 'small things' in life even if the big picture seems tough to handle.

"Blessed are the pessimists for they shall never be disappointed"

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I love Blondie's music, even when it wasn't cool for a JW to do so.

What the? Blondie was the coolest anywhere but 'god knows™' what old fart JW's listened too.

Blondie, Brian Ferry, Van Morrison... mmm ..the Clash, Elvis Costello, Midnight Oil, Nick Cave..

• damselfly
    damselfly

A damselfly is a cousin of the dragonfly. The immature nymphs spend their lives under water, sometimes in a state of suspended animation ( sound familiar? ) until finally they reach the surface, shed their old selves and unveil their wings. They stand for transformation.

Dams

• wednesday
    wednesday

wednesday's child is full of woe,

I felt that way for so long.

now I just say , my life is a soap opera

I've moved on.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My name fullofdoubtnow is what I was when I first joined the Forum last October. I was still a jw then, but having serious doubts about it being the truth. Nowadays I am really not in any doubt, it isn't the truth

As for my avatar, it's an album cover by a 60's UK band called Blind Faith, which is what I had during my time as a jw.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    Bayferrox 130M/160m 1420 ? or Elementis or Heubach

Hey, hey, you'll get me going with all this filthy talk.

Ferroxide yellows and Duploxide reds and blacks, from Rockwood (formerly Laporte) Pigments. Also transparent iron oxide dispersions.

• TopHat
    TopHat

TopHat because.....I like the song...which was playing at the time I joined. My avatar? Is me at 12 years of age. I change my avatar from time to time. Anyone want to suggest an avatar?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    lol .. wow! I mean jeez! ... at last the finished mystery. yes you have a lovely puddy tat Iron Ox Hide Lady Me? - um "unclebruce" is the badest meanest bro in South Australia and the avatar is me trying to see you all from way down here on the sapphire coast.

Are you following me? Actually, I was going to ask if you'd mind an online flirtation - could be just the thing to raise my profile around here. Shame you aren't half my age.............

• Balsam
    Balsam

My avatar is myself and my sweet husband having fun in Las Vegas at the Star Trek Experience. What a happy time we had.

My user name is a soothing ointment made from the balsam tree. It heals and eases the pain where it hurts.

Balsam

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Star Trek Experience

LOL - didn't we all have one of those in the "borg"? hehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit