GAGS I HAVE PROUDLY PULLED ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES :)

by Nate Merit 171 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Wow,

well I will let the public read my post and then your follow-up and judge for themselves.

(Indeed Eduardo)

I find it fascinating that you have amassed so many posts in only one months time. I will reserve my thoughts about the significance of this.

(Here's the significance Eduardo: I'm disabled and retired due to advanced heart disease and spinal injuries. I have a lot of time on my hands. Usually I write books, but lately I've been giving myself a vacation here among fellow former JW's. I do apologize that you don't like that. As for any psychoanalyzing, how about you try yourself first Eduardo?)

You really wouldn't want to get on my bad side in that way.

(Indeed Eduardo. I was fishing to see how you would react. After being jumped on by you I wondered what kind of person I was dealing with)

I forgot to add regarding JeanieB that she has also seemed incapable of recognizing sarcasm, hyperbole or any other similar literary technique where one is seeking to convey an effect through the use of overstatement.

(Eduardo, maybe she just doesn't like it when people take one look and figure they've got the whole scene covered. People are funny that way)

I don't know whether you are capable of pipebombing a Kingdom Hall. But your glorification of vandalism and hate-crimes towards Kingdom Halls is enough to warrant caution. Certainly, if you claim to be mature today, although challenging one to a brawl seems to belie that claim, you should not be giving persons, especially the significant number of teens that lurk here on this forum, ideas.

(You are so odd. You don't even know me. I don't even know you. But this behavior of yours, this jumping in my face, dumping on a stranger who is simply trying to open up, find some common ground, and make some friends here, implying all sorts of things. I hang out here because I'm ill and can't work anymore. I get lonely during the day and this board has been a Godsend for me. Why are you here Eddie? The people I've met such as yourself who make snap judgements, jump in people's faces without even trying to talk to them first...Ed, I'll bet in real life you're a fine young man. Personable, likeable. I think the anonymity of the net gives you an outlet for the stress you undergo as an attorney. I can understand that. I think it would be a lot better though if you took it out on another board rather than your fellow ex-jw's, and a harmless old coot like me)

When someone spray paints a swastika on a synagogue or plants a burning cross in the lawn of a black church are these not hate crimes to be condemned by society? How is spray painting a Kingdom Hall any different? It is not.

(Eduardo, this is called guilt-by-association. I have never done any of the things you're implying, trying to crush my spirit. I don't understand people such as yourself. You could have posted to me in a reasonable fashion rather than simply dumping on me and making these accusations and hateful guilt-by-association posts. I'm not going to play this hate-game of yours anymore. There are too many likeable and loveable people here. Do you need to win this to feel good about yourself Eduardo? All right. You win. I'm a terrible evil person. You're not. Have a good time Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq. Divine blessings to you and yours)

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Evil Annie!

I loved her prank call too!

Having made a few prank calls, I know the acting ability it takes, and the self control to keep from busting a gut.

Nice to meetcha Evil Annie!
    Nate

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    California is much cooler since you left. All the hot air has seemingly gone east.

That is actually the first really funny thing I have ever heard you say... lol touche'

My issue with you, Eduardo, is that you come off as so haughty and I have had a boatload of 'haughty' with the witnesses. I won't even go into your views on women, your defense of the indefensible (WTBTS) and you have attacked me from day one.

I do not 'dog' you on threads. You have expressed many opinions with which I agree and even when I don't, I normally hold my piece. It was your 'pipebomb' comment which really irritated me and I spoke up.

One more note, spraying 'Elder parking only' is not the same as painting a swastika. This is the type of weird reasoning that the society teaches you. You don't seem like an evil person, just self-righteous and holding to a double standard. It irritates the hell out of me and I'm sure it shows.

J

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Dear Nate,

Thank you for your reply which shed some truth to the situation. I was truly baffled by your reply to my post above which I felt was very conciliatory and peaceful. There is nothing in your profile which describes your situation so I did not know that you were homebound or limited in your movement and that certainly would explain the significant amount of posting.

I think this forum is a wonderful place and I hope that you will make many friends and supporters.

I don't believe that any of my posts on this thread were reactive or submitted without deliberation. My first short post was meant to address what I considered to be boasting about illegal behaviour. No one is the police here, not even the moderators, but we all have some duty in being responsible with what we say and the ideas that we advocate here.

There are many sensible and mature persons here but there are also a number who are not, including a number of younger persons that visit, some who post and many who lurk, who might not have fully developed and matured and may feel that such things are ok.

When such ones read about the glorification of what are really hate-crimes towards a religious group, they may not appreciate that that was the "70s" or understand that you are not condoning such activity now. (Actually I am more saddened by the responses by otherwise sensible adults which continue to applaud such conduct and advocate the duplication of it.) Very often what are minor pranks or misdemeanor crimes such as petty theft or vandalism forms a basis in escalation of the activity and can lead to very serious things such as arson, aggravated vandalism, terrorist activity, bombings, and even killing.

Your situation, while sympathetic, does not give you the right to glorify such "pranks" without criticism. I believe that I have been respectful in all of my posts in this thread. Regarding Jeannie, I don't know what to say about that. She is evidently my Inspector Javert. I didn't see her original post in this thread so I can't address it. I do note, and you have the time to look at my post history, that she almost inevitably posts a response to whatever I say attacking me in a very personal way, including accusing me of conduct or spinning what I say in a completely warped sense. It is actually both bizarre and amusing. I am evidently someone that she has judged and she is determined to attack me whenever she has the opportunity. Some people just take a disliking to others automatically and that has been the case on her part. As for me, I don't know her and only base my opinion on how she has treated me. I took issue with your claim of my bullying her which is simply untrue.

I have not had the opportunity but I wish to welcome you to the forum. I have been around on the Net for quite some time, going back to H20 days, and am engaged in developing my own perspective regarding Jehovah's Witnesses with my website, Jehovahs-Witnesses.net

I hope that you will use your experience to help others, inform others, encourage others, and yes make them laugh - but in a responsible way.

sincerely,

Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Jeannie

Eduardo wrote this about you:

"I long ago gave up on trying to engage in any kind of rational dialogue with her as I have found her to be completely incapable of respectful argument and holding a point and supporting such with evidence or logic."

Interesting. You seem just fine to me.

Have agreat evening JeannieBeanz!

Nate

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

The problem JB, is that of the slippery slope. First it is "Elders Parking Only" then it is "Witnesses are Wacky" then it is "No Blood Killers" or "Child Molester Refuge" then it is "Die, JW, Die", etc.

The law doesn't address the content of the spraypainting. You can draw Dilbert or the most amazing urban art, or your tagger id or your gang affiliation or any message that you want but it is all the same illegal activity that should simply not be condoned by reasonable adults period. (Actually, federal law and some states's laws do have specific enhancements in punishment and classification for content that is deemed "hateful" or when the vandalism is done to houses of worship.)

Again there are socially appropriate activities that serve as alternatives. Stand out on the sidewalk with a picket sign or take out an advertisement or distribute your own counter-literature.

Anytime someone on the opposing side engages in the kind of activity that Nate boasted about, all it does is let the Society say "See we told you so!"

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Thanks, Nate. Wish I'd known ya in the '70's. Although, looks like you already had a pretty good partner in crime.

Sorry I went off on "His Holiness, Eduardo The Enlightened One; Judge, Jury and Executioner of the Thought Police" in your thread. I guess when I see Bull *hit, I call it which explains all the 'hot air' previously mentioned. Character flaw, I guess.

Have a nice evening!

Jeannie

edited to add:

The problem JB, is that of the slippery slope. First it is "Elders Parking Only" then it is "Witnesses are Wacky" then it is "No Blood Killers" or "Child Molester Refuge" then it is "Die, JW, Die", etc.

That is ridiculous and you know it. I don't buy into the 'slippery slope' thing at all, yer Holiness. It is an excuse for regulating the life out of life which is why I left the peoples republic of California to begin with... lol California has changed in my lifetime mainly due to lawyers telling everyone else what they can and cannot do. It's part of what you do on this board that irritates me so. At any rate, peace man. I'm done unless you want to take this private. I think people are sick of us by now. J

• atypical
    atypical

Nate, I would just like to say....

Right on, man! Your pranks gave me a good laugh. Made me wonder if I should be a little more spunky while I still can.

All your pranks were creative and funny, in my opinion. Add to that the fact that you hurt nobody. You just made some of the witnesses jobs a little bit harder, but who really feels bad about that? As far as I can tell, you didn't target any specific individual in a hurtful way, you just poked fun at the structure of the witness culture.

Sorry, Eduardo.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***When such ones read about the glorification of what are really hate-crimes towards a religious group, they may not appreciate that that was the "70s" or understand that you are not condoning such activity now.

WHERE did anyone "glorify" anything? We LAUGHED AT THE HUMOR OF IT ALL! What a pompous and judgemental windbag you ARE!

***(Actually I am more saddened by the responses by otherwise sensible adults which continue to applaud such conduct and advocate the duplication of it.)

Yeah..we all "got it". YOU are saddened...big deal. Are you thus "saddened" by the atrocities perpetrated by the WTS? Or how countless numbers of nice people have been beaten down and treated like sh** BECAUSE of the "loving organization" that you are supporting by your own words?

***Very often what are minor pranks or misdemeanor crimes such as petty theft or vandalism forms a basis in escalation of the activity and can lead to very serious things such as arson, aggravated vandalism, terrorist activity, bombings, and even killing.

OMG! Come down from the pulpit. We don't really care what you believe. You are so full of yourself and are carrying this MUCH too far to fulfill your own agenda, whatever THAT may be.

***It is actually both bizarre and amusing.

Yeah...again---we can SEE that you are amused. (rolling my eyes )

***I am evidently someone that she has judged and she is determined to attack me whenever she has the opportunity.

Yup! Evidently! Jeannie has always been extremely critical of others, difficult, picky and hard to get along with in everything she posts!...... How about YOU?

***Some people just take a disliking to others automatically and that has been the case on her part.

I can't understand that at all! You have been nothing but kind all through this entire thread! MAYBE she doesn't LIKE YOU because of what she has READ from your own words!!! Did THAT ever occur to you, counsellor?

***I hope that you will use your experience to help others, inform others, encourage others, and yes make them laugh - but in a responsible way.

I hope you'll look really hard for your heart and your empathy for those of us who have the WTS to thank for wrecking our lives. You have obviously lost them both somewhere along the line.

PS--only kidding, Jeanniebeanz! I was merely TRYING to make a point next to the one on his head.(like matching horns)

Annie............waiting for the other shoe AND the bomb to drop......

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Jeannie

My entire life back then consisted of pranks and various crimes against humanity. I was not a loving husband, a doting Uncle, a devoted Grandson, a devoted brother, I was a dangerous nut on the loose 24/7/365. (I posted a bunch on nonsense in addition to my pranks to see if the Morality Police would jump on those too, but they didn't)

I couldn't agree more vis a vis lawyers wrecking California. That and an action movie star as governor. I never thought he'd actually win or I'd have begun an online campaign against him.

I can't recall the exact quote, but even Shakespeare said the world would be better off without lawyers.

Thanks again for posting.
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit